liteamorn's white soft plastic WE 500 matching dates ebaY BIN $29 incl shipping
4 (16.7%)
MagicMo's 5-29-55 WECo 554 / black switch hook that she got for free
8 (33.3%)
Gilas' 591 Rose Beige & 500 Oxford Gray - $30 Total
16 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

liteamorn

I'd like to nominate my white soft plastic we 500 w/ matching dates. I got it off of ebay for a BIN price of $29 with free shipping

TelePlay

Proving one can never have too many 302's, I picked up this early 1941 matching date metal shelled 302 for $14. The cloth cord on the handset alone is worth that. It's just another nothing special 302 but I really like metal shells for some reason.

This is my first manual 302 with a complete dial blank and it completes my 302 collection. And, yes, it has the wrong number card for the phone. It's very clean inside with nothing missing and will shine with a new paint job, some day. Might look as good as some of Doug's great restorations, I hope. Only defect is a well painted and somewhat frayed line cord.

Birdman115

Quote from: Birdman115 on August 17, 2013, 11:59:13 PM
I bought a WE B-1 at an antiques mall for $95.  It has a 4H dial, which alone is worth $70 (on eBay).  It has been factory repainted and the original brown cloth cords replaced with rubber ones.  Nonetheless it is in excellent shape.  No chips or scratches to the handset.  I'd post a pic of it, but I wasn't able to figure out how to do that.  If someone can help me do so, I'd be happy to.
Here is the pic.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Birdman115 on August 18, 2013, 11:43:45 PM
I bought a WE B-1 at an antiques mall for $95.  It has a 4H dial, which alone is worth $70 (on eBay).  It has been factory repainted and the original brown cloth cords replaced with rubber ones.  Nonetheless it is in excellent shape.  No chips or scratches to the handset.  I'd post a pic of it, but I wasn't able to figure out how to do that.  If someone can help me do so, I'd be happy to.
Here is the pic.

That looks nice! I wish I had knollage about the earlier sets. I only have one of those.
Ben

Doug Rose

You got yourself a wonderful phone at a real nice price.....Doug
Kidphone

Birdman115

Thanks.  I'm really happy with it, and it works great!  I have it hooked up to a 634 subset for authenticity. 

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Birdman115 on August 18, 2013, 11:43:45 PM
Here is the pic.

I would guess that that B1 came from Cicero, IL, just outside of Chicago. 

Larry

LarryInMichigan

I want to nominate my Japanese Siemens-Fusi No 1 phone which I found on craigslist and cost me a total of $50.

Larry

Birdman115

Actually it came from Cicero, NY, a suburb of Syracuse!

K1WI

Like to offer one of my finds...Just  back from BA (Buenos Aires) and got this 52 500T for a bottle of malbec at the SanTelmo street market on Sunday !!   Also picked up a few (3) very strange Polish appartment phones for the grand sum of $55(pesos) that's about $8 US at the street exchange rate /\.
Andy F    K1WI

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: K1WI on August 22, 2013, 07:43:36 PM
   Like to offer one of my finds...Just  back from BA (Buenos Aires) and got this 52 500T for a bottle of malbec at the SanTelmo street market on Sunday !!   Also picked up a few (3) very strange Polish appartment phones for the grand sum of $55(pesos) that's about $8 US at the street exchange rate /\.

Wow! That's a good deal, and a earlier one too. How did it get down their, or were WE phones used down their?
Ben

Kenton K

I'd like to nominate my "new" 1937 302
Painted white, but it will restore nicely.
Bought of ebay for $30

New England Tel.

Since I have found the correct magneto generator to complete my Northern Electric 500 Q3A phone, I have updated my entry and am referring you back to it here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=9944.msg106040#msg106040

Thanks,

Bob
-Bob Archambault

dsk

Quote from: AE_Collector on August 16, 2013, 08:31:51 PM
Quote from: dsk on August 16, 2013, 02:12:15 PM
I got this one from a friend.
dsk

That's pretty cool dsk! Looks awful '60's" to me! Was it a free gift?

Terry

Yes I got it for free, and yes it looks typical for that period.  It is almost all plastic. The dial unit is only put into the housing, and kept there by closing the phone.
The transmitter has what I guess a date from 1970. No reason to believe this one ever has had any service.
The only sign of wear is some spots of white paint.

dsk

K1WI

Quote from: AE_Collector on August 23, 2013, 06:48:40 PM
Quote from: K1WI on August 22, 2013, 07:43:36 PM
got this 52 500T for a bottle of malbec at the SanTelmo street market on Sunday !!

The smart phone collector always takes a case of wine with him to the flea market!

Terry

Terry.....now you've learned my secret !!!            Actually I had just bought two bottles of wine and some "chacuterie" for a picnic as it was a beautiful late winter day in BA.

One other item I picked up  ...FOR FREE ... was this damaged early dark grey 500 case. It has a few cracks but polished up nicely.  Now all I have to do is find a handset and dial to match !!!!   Those light grey parts sure look wrong.
Andy F    K1WI