News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is anyone else having this problem ?

Started by Dan/Panther, May 26, 2009, 01:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

When I type a response in the message box, and get to the end of the box, it keeps jumping around, andI can't see what Im typing ? What it's doing is making the line I'm typng on be out of the box frame.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Dan, it seems to be working OK on this end. 

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back.  Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.................(Typing skills sentences).....

Working good here.

foots

I too have had the same problem as Dan/Panther.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Dennis Markham

I'll look into that.  I just tried filling up the box with characters and when I got to the end it did like the problem we had before.  A scroll bar appeared and the last sentence seemed to go on forever.

I'll go back and look at the configuration I made at that time.

Dennis Markham

Dan, did that problem just start?  I can't seem to find anything amiss...and I haven't done any changing.  However since you brought this up I just updated the forum software with the latest version.  The older versions had some bugs supposedly have been fixed.  Just keep an eye on it and let me know if you're still experiencing the issue.  I can't seem to make it do what you described here.

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
I first noticed it about 3 or 4 days ago.
It's more a nuiscence than anything.
D/P

bingster

If you get to the end of the box, you can always try inserting several returns to create a "buffer" between the end of the text and the bottom of the box.  After you do the returns, just put your cursor back up at the end of the text and keep typing.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

Bingster, that does seem to work.  Dan, I'll read up in the help topic of the Simple Machines and see if I can determine the problem and correct it if possible.

Dan/Panther

I'll try what Bingster suggests. I was just concerned of maybe another lurking problem.
D/P

Dennis Markham

I have been trying to duplicate the problem as stated in this posting.  I was able to duplicate the issue where when the box was full of text it continued on one line rather than dropping down and starting a new line.  I updated the software.  Since then I have not been able to duplicate the problem here.  I did not experience the issue where things were jumping around.

Please let me know either here or by PM if you experience the problems that Dan and Foot reported.

Thanks.

Greg G.

Quote from: Dan/Panther on May 26, 2009, 01:30:34 PM
When I type a response in the message box, and get to the end of the box, it keeps jumping around, andI can't see what Im typing ? What it's doing is making the line I'm typng on be out of the box frame.
D/P

Yes, very annoying, but I thought it was just my computer.  So it's fixed now?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

I don't know if it's fixed now.  You all tell me.  I don't find it happening here.  As I mentioned, I updated the software.  If it's fixed it would have to be that procedure that fixed it.

Greg G.

Quote from: Dennis Markham on May 27, 2009, 07:34:47 AM
I don't know if it's fixed now.  You all tell me.  I don't find it happening here.  As I mentioned, I updated the software.  If it's fixed it would have to be that procedure that fixed it.

It's not.  The post I did in the "old phones in movies" thread did that. Seems that when the box gets filled up with text and starts to scroll, it won't let you view the bottom line you're trying to type, keeps jumping up.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

OK, thanks.  I'll continue to look for a remedy.

rp2813

I'm not up to speed on much when it comes to web hosting and IT issues but I have a problem losing my cursor completely as I approach the lower portion of any "box" I'm typing into on a number of websites.  I type an e-mail from my yahoo box and every time, the cursor disappears as I'm typing on the bottom line in the box.  This happens here too, and on other forums I belong to.  I'm wondering if it's something weird in my PC.  I'm running XP and have never had this problem before.  It may not be something Dennis needs to fix, but instead something Bill Gates needs to.
Ralph