News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1957 Green Soft Plastic 500

Started by TelePlay, February 12, 2013, 08:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Unless I'm missing something, someone seems to have gotten a good deal on this matching date 3-57 soft plastic green 500. $61 plus $17 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121062950647

I got snipped while trying to snipe because I didn't snipe high enough.

LarryInMichigan

That looks like a beautiful phone for a great price.

Larry

AE40FAN

Funny, I just won a soft plastic Green 500 a this past week for only 50 bucks.  I'm very happy to have it.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Rotary-Phone-/281056681792?

Mr. Bones

Both are beautiful phones at great prices.

(Moss Green with envy!) :D

Best regards,

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Dan

Funny how my kids HATE the grey cords, while (whilst) most collectors like them. I like all soft tenite, but the EARLY ones 1955 and back are special to me because most bell subscribers had the straight cords changed out to curly ones, so a straight one is rare indeed.

A straight RED cord seems to be the rarest, while I was lucky enough to get a straight IVORY handset cord . Straight browns seem almost as rare as reds.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AE40FAN

It really was in excellent shape just filthy.  After cleaning and polishing all I really did was replace the rusted nut and metal star on the dial.  I also added a great repro dial card HUnter (green) 3-9123;-). Unfortunately two of the leads were cut on the grey line cord but, I don't think it will be too challenging to have repaired.

Dan

Love that 1955, connect the cord to a block(some call it a biscuit block) and you won't have to worry about connecting to the stripped wires.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

Frank your Green 500 turned out great.  That was a nice find at a very reasonable price to add to your collection of soft plastic sets.  Congratulations!