News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Determination

Started by Fabius, January 13, 2015, 09:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

Bidder V***4 is one determined bidder. There's 71 bids and most are from him. Nice sign not usually seen.

http://tinyurl.com/ndj8ww7
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Kenton K

Some people people only seem to bid min bids. I usually only bid once, at the end, with a sniper program. I feel excessive bidding attracts unwanted attention. oh well.

Ken

AE_Collector

And what you didnt mention is....this all happened in under 15 hours of the sign being listed! 6 days to go still.

Terry

Sargeguy

With that big chip in it I would think that $202 is about as high as it'll go.  Here is one that has been on Etsy for quite some time with no takers:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/194718016
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dennis Markham

It seems that the people that do those repetitive bid increments don't usually get the item when the auction is all said and done.  They just run up the price then stop when it gets too rich for their blood.

Russ Kirk

Quote from: Dennis Markham on January 14, 2015, 12:25:57 PM
It seems that the people that do those repetitive bid increments don't usually get the item when the auction is all said and done.  They just run up the price then stop when it gets too rich for their blood.

Oh I agree 100%.  I do think something may be fishy here: why spend 3 hours bidding the price up? All without doing some home work. Either they Bidder V***4 is an idiot or working in kahoots.

I f i wanted that sign i would move on and look at Etsy.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Fabius

Quote from: Russ Kirk on January 14, 2015, 01:00:41 PM
[quote
Oh I agree 100%.  I do think something may be fishy here: why spend 3 hours bidding the price up? All without doing some home work. Either they Bidder V***4 is an idiot or working in kahoots.

What!?! Are you saying there's shill bidding on eBay? Never!
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Signguy

I think you folks are being way to kind to idiots like this. A 39 bell sign not worth $200 +. Let the person have it and maybe he/she will understand how stupid that biding process was on their part. As for the underbidder at the moment.... How do you bid that much for that particular sign with that much time to go? Is that what the seller wanted as a reserve? Somethings  fishy. Ebay has made it so you cannot see the hanky panky being used by many sellers. I've been in the collecting hobbies for over 50 years and anybody that thinks that all online auctions are on the up and up are living in a dream world. Know what an item is worth to you and bid towards end. We collect other things beside signs and are sick and tired of the words "rare" and "vintage". When I see the word "vintage" red flags go off immediately. Bids should reflect sound education no matter what your interest may be. Most of all don't get caught up in the auction mentality. Don't be afraid to say "count me out AH"

Cheers... Ell

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Signguy

Take a look at this persons (v***4) bidding history. In the last 30 days he has made 660 bids with this seller running up the price. Is that a "red flag" or what? He's either a shill or an idiot. Take your pick.

Cheers..... Ell