"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vintage Intercoms

Started by Sargeguy, November 18, 2008, 07:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

I found it!

We have the style #41 and various schematics are in the file.

If the file does not upload due to its large size, email me directly and I will send it.
Zipping it dose very little in reducing the file size.

Russ.. 
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

wds

Although my box looks almost identical to Russ's, my terminal strip is different, and is completely different from the Connecticut Intercom with the green box.  My terminal strip has 9 terminals, numbered 1-9 below the screws, and labeled underneath the numbers, R between the 1 & 2, OL below the 3, RB BB S 1 H  & T.  
1 = receiver
2 = receiver, from hook switch
3 = Button
4 (jumpered to 5) = Button
5 = Ringer
6 = Ringer
7 = blank
8 = Hook Switch, main contact
9 = transmitter
second hook switch to transmitter.

Although I don't think it would be much trouble to hook to a subset and convert to a phone, I would prefer to pick up another intercom and wire them both together, but I suspect I'm missing something, or at least the power supply.   By the way, my phone is dated 1914.   Thanks for the schematic - I think I found my box!
Dave

wds

I think I have a model 50, or it could be the 41.  I hooked up the intercom to a battery and it works great - the ringer works with the button.  Very cool - now I just need to find a second one.........  Thanks again for the schematic!
Dave

dsk

Quote from: Russkirk on June 06, 2010, 07:09:06 PM
I have the same phone - albeit a little dusty.  Maybe later this year I'll get to it. As for the wiring,  these photos show it in the same state as I found it.  Mine has a Stromberg-Carlson receiver,  not sure this is the correct receiver.     

Russ

This may be an interesting page: http://oldphoneguy.com/local_bat_1.htm

dsk