News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WECO 302 TELE PAGE

Started by Fabius, January 25, 2017, 11:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

Came across this in an area antique shop. The base is dated 10 48 A. Notice the base has a silvered color finish on it. Handset is a F1 and I forgot to check the dates on it. Anyone seen this one before? Price was $30 but I passed.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

AL_as_needed

Someone make that into an intercom? Some of those connections look a bit iffy and that one button/knob is pretty new looking.
TWinbrook7

AE_Collector

There were many small companies that modified conventional telephones into intercoms and paging systems. Some were more "professionally done" than others!

Terry

Fabius

Thanks. Glad I passed on it.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

unbeldi

Quote from: Fabius on January 25, 2017, 11:49:06 PM
Came across this in an area antique shop. The base is dated 10 48 A. Notice the base has a silvered color finish on it. Handset is a F1 and I forgot to check the dates on it. Anyone seen this one before? Price was $30 but I passed.

The silver color is not a finish.  The base plates of some phones made between early 1947 and sometime in 1949 were made from aluminum. Only the bottom was painted, not the inside surface.

LarryInMichigan

That is interesting but probably worth very little to phone collectors and nearly nothing to anyone else.

Larry

Jim Stettler

I would call it an oddity,   It is cheap enough that I would of bought  it at a 10 % discount and enjoyed it.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AL_as_needed

Either way, it is still part of the larger phone history narrative, even if its been hacked and glued by some fly by night entity. These sorts of items I find to be interesting as it shows just how simple and rugged these phones are that they can be slapped together and still function just fine.
TWinbrook7

andre_janew

You would need at least two of them in order to have your own intercom system!

Babybearjs

it looks like it was done by a hobbyest. the bracket that holds the capacitor looks like it was broken off... good thing you passed... its not worth the money.
John

mariepr

Some years ago there were a number of D-1s on ebay that were also converted into intercom sets.  Over the dial space there was a single button, presumably to buzz the next station.  Inside was a fairly neat arrangement consisting of a buzzer and....a doorbdell button...mounted on a wide mouth screw jar cap to fill the dial space.  It appears that some small local companies bought obsolete telephones and converted them for resale to small business offices.