News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Subset 'cording' diagrams?

Started by Come in Nighthawk, June 30, 2010, 10:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Come in Nighthawk

The really useful 'cording' diagrams found @ http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=784.0 neatly colorized for clarity by "bingster" came out of (I would guess) Bell's BSP C32.164, Hand Telephone Sets, Desk Type, Cording.

I'm still hoping some-one can point to a similar useful BSP which contained equally wondrous "exploded diagrams" showing various subset 'cording.'  Anyone??

Sidetone Section C31.101, Issue 1, dated 2-15-33. ???

Antisidetone Section C31.111, Issue 1, dated 6-1-31. ???

And if they do...  Who has scanned and posted them, and posted where???

Thanks!!   :D

Jim Stettler

They are in the "cording" section of the bsp. I think Larry Wolff's book also has them.

I would check "Doc" Remco's site.
http://sc.infc.info/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=2

Seach cording, in C series, station install

He has a few of the diagrams.

You can view or download the files.

Remco will host any telephone related documents that you send him.

Jim

Remco is teka-bb on this forum
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Come in Nighthawk

Finally had a chance to follow the trail of breadcrumbs.  Found C32.164, Hand Telephone Sets, Desk Type, Cording, and [AT&T] Spec4810, Dec 1927; Station Hand TelSets, ABC mountings.

Both contained the graphic cording diagrams (pictures really) like:

However, when they get to wiring up subscriber sets, they revert to the wiring diagrams "wire heads" love but that give me migraines.  Too many "electrician's" shorthand symbols that you have to think back to try to remember from that one Shop Course (instead of Home Ec.!!) you had to take in order to graduate from High School... and hated...  Like:

I was hoping to find "pictures" like the one labelled as "Fig. 7" (shown first, above), BUT, for Subscriber Sets, not just the Mounts...  Any ideas where to find them?  :)

???

Jim Stettler

Larry Wolf's book is the easiest referance to find the (fig. 7 type) drawings. In his book I think he lists the Bsp #'s . I will try to dig out a copy of his book and see which BSP #'s he referances.

Once the drawings are found, we may be able to get Bingster to color them  ::)

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line