News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell System Auto Paint

Started by ESalter, January 23, 2013, 09:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ESalter

Has anyone run across something like this before?  I got a call today from a guy saying he has some "phone company paint" to give me.  I'd never seen anything like these before.  One of the gray-green cans is about half used, all the rest have never been used.  I just thought some of you guys might be interested in seeing them.

---Eric

LarryInMichigan

I would guess that it was used on Bell System vehicles.

Larry

oldphon

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on January 23, 2013, 10:00:43 PM
I would guess that it was used on Bell System vehicles.

Larry

I have a bunch.  Yes, it was used as "touch-up" on Bell System vehicles.

AE_Collector

Not for equipment frames in CO's? We used to get can's of spray paint as well as enamel (I guess) paint in small tins in "Automatic Electric Gray" to touch up scratches on equipment in CO's after installations. Wouldn't Gray-Green be equipment frame colors?

Terry

Russ Kirk

Quote from: ESalter on January 23, 2013, 09:48:25 PM
Has anyone run across something like this before?  I got a call today from a guy saying he has some "phone company paint" to give me.  I'd never seen anything like these before.  One of the gray-green cans is about half used, all the rest have never been used.  I just thought some of you guys might be interested in seeing them.

---Eric

I used these when I worked in outside plant.  They were used to repaint B-Boxes and pedestals.

Russ
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

HarrySmith

I would be interested in getting a couple of the different colors. I have been trying to figure out the exact color of my 1963 Corvair Southwest Bell Telephone truck. Trying these spray cans on inconspicuous spots may yield a match.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

ESalter

I don't know what shade the "Bell Blue" is.  One of the cans of "Grey-Green" is half used, what little paint I can see on the tip of the nozzle looks to be very close to the color of a green payphone or maybe a little lighter like a pedestal.  Not dark like your truck, Harry.

---Eric

HarrySmith

The Bell Blue is what I was thinking of. I have seen the Bell Green for vehicles but not the Blue.
My truck is actually a light bluish color.
Is there any dates on the paints?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

JimH

I've lately seen AT&T trucks that literally had rust spray painted with touch up paint. I think things are tight with all the competition.
Jim H.