"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I'm Seeing Red!

Started by DavePEI, December 31, 2012, 07:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Hi All:

I just wanted to share with you some items which came a few weeks ago. I have just now gotten to the point of photographing them.

As most of you know, my main telephone system in the museum is a Norstar Meridian 6x16.

These were sent to me by our friend Terry, who has been a big supporter of the museum since its inception. They are left to right, then back to front, RED Meridian M7310 with optional BLF, M7324, M7208, M7100, and just for good measure, a red Harmony phone.

Ain't they purdy?  :)

All but the Harmony will work with the 6x16, and of course the Harmony will work with any POTS line, or with the Panasonic PBX. It has pretty well filled out my collection of Harmonys!

Red is a rare colour in these - most others are Black, Beige and Grey. These will certainly brighten up the displays over my Black, Beige and Grey ones!

The BLF on the 7310 was broken off where it attached to the base - this has been repaired, and it looks great!

Thanks, Terry!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

You sucked me in with that title, I didn't clue in until I opened it. Glad you got the 7310 Busy Lamp Field repaired, that is only the second one I have ever seen in Red.

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_Collector on December 31, 2012, 08:28:11 PM
You sucked me in with that title, I didn't clue in until I opened it. Glad you got the 7310 Busy Lamp Field repaired, that is only the second one I have ever seen in Red.

Terry
I couldn't resist the title! I figured it would tantalize a few people, wondering where the topic was going to lead :) Thanks, Terry!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

gpo706

I wish they had made Panasonic phones in that colour, look gorgeous.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

DavePEI

Quote from: gpo706 on January 01, 2013, 12:14:21 PM
I wish they had made Panasonic phones in that colour, look gorgeous.
I know  what you mean! My Panasonic phones are so blahhh!

These are beautiful. Thanks to Terry, I have all of the phones designed for the Meridian 6x16 in red. The only thing I don't have is the CAP unit designed for use with the 7324 in red, but do have a gray one.

They seem to be very rare in red - for interest sake, yesterday, I checked a number of Nortel resellers sites, and none of them offer any in red.

That being said, I also love my Panasonic and Toshiba systems, but it would be nice if they had also made a red!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

I always wondered why Nortel made these in red but didn't bother making any other colours except for the three boring office colours, black, dolphin gray and chameleon gray.

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 01, 2013, 01:03:48 PM
I always wondered why Nortel made these in red but didn't bother making any other colours except for the three boring office colours, black, dolphin gray and chameleon gray.
Terry
Demand from the Cathouse Industry lobby!  :D
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

And AE made the 880 speakerphone in the boring colours plus turquoise and jade green but no garnet red like my avatar.

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 01, 2013, 01:03:48 PM

Terry
I can't help wondering if the red was their sole excursion into testing out different colours, and our conservative Canadian businesses in their test markets didn't welcome it with open arms preferring to keep with the bland office colours.

Certainly there would have been some businesses which would have welcomed it with open arms, but not enough to justify expanding the colour selection beyond the red.

Maybe as a result, they decided to offer the original colours only?

And why AE didn't offer the 880 in red is an interesting question - they did offer a lot of other colours. Wierd. I think the 880s are such a neat phone!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

gpo706

The Pana's only seem to come in - is it what they called "ice grey" and black. The black sets go for more money than the grey ones, I know I've tried to bag a few 7130s on the bay to match my black DSS console.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"