News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Box of junk

Started by mark9564, January 15, 2015, 06:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark9564

Picked this up today , did I get a box of junk or is any of it worth anything?

unbeldi

One man's junk is another's treasure.

PS: you can pick your side of that relation.

WesternElectricBen

I agree with unbeldi, you have some good stuff. Could you please tell me if those multiline push switches have lights on them?

Ben

mark9564

No there are no lights on them. There are these buttons that I assume go with them.

andre_janew

You might be able to put together a good phone or two and still have some spare parts. 

Babybearjs

the multiline switches you got are from the W.E. 400 series phones... so are the buttons.... look at the button assemblies and tell me what the code numbers are.... its a 3 digit number with 2 letters... like 561DE these come in handy when repairing and restoring the 444, or 464 telephones. all the stuff is worth saving.... so DON'T throw anything away...
John

dsk

Not junk!
I would love to fettle together a working phone of that.
I,m not sure when they started to use handsets only, and not separate transmitter/recivers here, but I have never seen one made after 1900 without handset for use in Norway.

dsk

mark9564

I'm going to sell the multi line switches. The model number is 562DH. Are they worth anything, just trying to clear out some stuff I'll never use.

xhausted110

Quote from: dsk on January 17, 2015, 03:46:46 AM
Not junk!
I would love to fettle together a working phone of that.
I,m not sure when they started to use handsets only, and not separate transmitter/recivers here, but I have never seen one made after 1900 without handset for use in Norway.

dsk
handsets fell into popular use in the late 1920's I think.
- Evan

Babybearjs

would you look at that.. The keyset is worth some money and collectors who are trying to repair a 464 would snatch that up with no problem. Save that and try selling it on Ebay... it looks like its in great condition  does anyone know what these are currently worth? I'm thinking between $25 and $50.00. what do you all think?
John

andre_janew

$37.50 would be right in the middle of that price range.  You're off to a good start.  Found something valuable already!

mark9564

I've got 3 of them to sell on ebay. What do I list them as, I can't find any on ebay?

unbeldi

Quote from: mark9564 on January 18, 2015, 06:54:07 PM
I've got 3 of them to sell on ebay. What do I list them as, I can't find any on ebay?

The correct name for these is simply keyWestern Electric 562DH Key

The 562-type keys are for 460-type key telephones, while the 561-type keys are for 440-type telephones.

See for example:
*BSP Section C32.601 Issue 1, June 1953
*BSP Section 502-435-100 Issue 1, August 1958

poplar1

562DH is arranged for HPPPPS on a 460HE, 460HG, 464HE or 464HG set. These sets can be used on 1A or 1A1 [or 1A2] Key Systems.

H=Hold
P=Pickup
S=Signal

Ref.: SD-69206-01 Issue 2
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

do you think they should be sold at auction, or for a set price? parts are a hard thing to sell when no one needs them....
John