News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally got a WE 500

Started by mienaichizu, May 09, 2010, 12:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Underneath the cradle, in the finger well.
No matter how much you dust a black phone it never looks clean.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Greg G.

Quote from: Dan/Panther on May 12, 2010, 01:50:15 PM
Underneath the cradle, in the finger well.

Much more subtle than the toaster phones.

Quote from: Dan/Panther on May 12, 2010, 01:50:15 PM

No matter how much you dust a black phone it never looks clean.
D/P

I blame it on the camera, it wants to highlight every little dust speck and blemish invisible to the naked eye. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan/Panther

That tag is kind of in your face isn't it.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

foots

On the back of the phone housing just under the place where your fingers to pick up the phone it says     Signal Corps        U.S. Army
                                             Telephone Set     TA236/FT
                                             Western Electric

On the base of the phone, on the opposite side where the handset cord goes in, it says,    ORDER NO.
                 19792-PC-60-C4-C4
                        GA-51859
                            6-60         

The base plate markings are the ones from my particular phone.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

foots

Briny, your TP-6 must be an earlier version than mine. Mine doesn't have a riveted tag rather the info is stamped into the housing. Is that leather feet on yours? All of the ones I've ever seen have had rubber feet.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Greg G.

Quote from: foots on May 13, 2010, 11:59:56 AM
  Briny, your TP-6 must be an earlier version than mine. Mine doesn't have a riveted tag rather the info is stamped into the housing. Is that leather feet on yours? All of the ones I've ever seen have had rubber feet.

By golly, you're right, it does have leather feet, I never noticed that.  They're even in good shape.  Here's a link to pics in my Photobucket:  http://tinyurl.com/253dhv9  I also just noticed it as a WE F1 handset.  The date stamp on the bottom says Dec 48.

I have another one that came with the recent stash of phones I acquired that's more like yours, with the stamp on the back and rubber feet, but it has the original handset.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e