Main Menu

Estate Sale

Started by wds, September 26, 2017, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikeTelephone

Phones, Who Knew! :)

drkp

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on October 07, 2017, 04:06:38 PM
Trust me, this went to a good home. Some phones will stay with Dave (who will take very good care of them) or will end up with other very trustworthy collectors who will appreciate them as much as they possibly can be!

Yes, I am glad that the phones will wind up in the hands of collectors, and I know that my grandparents would be as well! The local family have been very eager to get the house cleared out as soon as possible. I'm told they were even looking into paying someone to haul all the phones to a landfill (!!), which would have been tragic.

As far as I know, I'm the only one in the family with any interest in phones -- as a computer science researcher, I do a lot of work with network devices, and have come to appreciate them in both their modern and antique forms. :-)
Dan

wds

Pulled this out of the garage to test - wow is it loud.  It seems to be a ringer for a very noisy setting - I tested it in my basement and I'm sure my neighbors heard it.
Dave

Sargeguy

That Wisconsin Telephone sign with the pointing hand is pretty sweet.  Other than the phones I also see a few Waltham 8-Day clocks.  Are they N.E.T.&T.? What is in those display cases, badges?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

Which picture has the clock?  Yes, lots of badges.  It is going to take me quite a while to find everything again.  Wish I could remember what I did with the sign.  Here's something I found, an ATCA ribbon from the Collections owner - from the year he passed, and a bunch of punch cards.
Dave

Nick in Manitou

This whole thing is just too cool.

It is so great that a family member is on the forum to be a witness to this...Welcome and thanks for speaking up.

I wish I were still in Columbus to assist in some way. (We are now in Tucson)

Babybearjs

I'm so glad it all went to other collectors.... such neat items.... Use the outdoor horn for a burglar alarm....
John

drkp

I don't think I had seen that ribbon. It's actually from just a few weeks before he died. I don't recall hearing about that one specifically (not too surprisingly, it was close to 20 years ago), but he had been going to telephone shows for years.

I'll find and post some photos of him. I don't think I have any of him with phones, but I'll see what I can turn up...
Dan

Sargeguy

Quote from: wds on October 16, 2017, 08:17:10 PM
Which picture has the clock?  Yes, lots of badges.  It is going to take me quite a while to find everything again.  Wish I could remember what I did with the sign.  Here's something I found, an ATCA ribbon from the Collections owner - from the year he passed, and a bunch of punch cards.

The picture with the photo of the operator on the switchboard has the 8-day clocks.  One of them is in it's original housing.  The Wisconsin sign is a very collectible sign, I am sure that you would have many takers if you wished to part with it.  Once you get settled in I'd love to see some more pics of that stuff. 

The mid-century stuff has all been noted by our eagle-eyed members.  Are there any interesting early phones in the lot?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

there is a picture of one of those clocks on page 3 - front and back.  I think it's the only one I have not counting the one on the switchboard.  And I will probably sell the extra one.

I'll have to dig out the wisconsin sign and post a better picture.  I have not found any early telephones other than a few candlesticks.  I was hoping that there might have been some early stuff buried in there but there wasn't.  Not even any extra candlestick receivers.  the collection is mostly mid century phones.
Dave

Doug Rose

Dave....did you ever get to trade with OPW for the handset for the AE1A?......Doug
Kidphone

wds

No not yet.  I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to put all those shelves that's still in my back yard!
Dave

Sargeguy

Quote from: wds on October 17, 2017, 12:16:45 PM
there is a picture of one of those clocks on page 3 - front and back.  I think it's the only one I have not counting the one on the switchboard.  And I will probably sell the extra one.

That is a calculagraph, the clocks are in this picture:
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

HarrySmith

Are there different models of the calculagraph? Or just different finsihes? The one in the picture with Peg is black, the one on the switchboard is brass and the spare one is nickel.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

wds

Ok, those clocks are still packed.  Here's pictures of the sign - it wasn't buried too deep in the pile.  I think I would be willing to part with the sign.  PM me if interested.  Some of the markings on the sign is just tape glue - looks like it might clean up a little better than it is now.
Dave