News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Reynolds Aluminum?

Started by Tim, May 03, 2010, 04:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

I just looked at some of my pictures that I took while refurbishing that phone.  The base appears to be like  a North base.  And guess what?  It's marked in red lettering too. 

I forgot I made a web album about this phone.  You can see it here:

http://tinyurl.com/yc5lv6t ( dead link 02-13-22 )

Tim

Interesting, Dennis.

Here are a couple more photos.  The inside is all the same as the one you worked on, except for the ringer.  Also is the photo of the housing, which I have posted similar pictures of before.
- Tim -

LarryInMichigan

The ringer in the phone Dennis restored is a WE 302 type.  Tim's phone has a North ringer.

Larry

Dennis Markham

Yes, that phone I worked on was a mish-mash of everything.  The base was like that of a Galion with the 101A induction coil, which was common.  But someone stuck a 302 ringer in there.  The handset was from an AE40.  But the guy that owns it was happy with it.  Those housings were a very light plastic...not really soft plastic and not Bakelite.

LarryInMichigan

I see an AE dial as well.  IMO, the AE40/50 handset does not look right on Galion-like base.  The curves are different, but if the owner is happy with it, why not?  The phone is a mongrel anyway.

Larry

Dennis Markham

I agree Larry.  I wouldn't have spent the money for postage to send it across the Country for me to clean it up.  But he liked it so I guess that's all that matters.  It was a learning experience for me.