News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let's see your Turquoise phones guys!! (and gals)

Started by Dan, November 03, 2010, 11:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Dave F ,
             Thanks for the pic of the Starlites!!!!!    

Guys & Gals - All these phones are great !!!!!!!!!!!!!! stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Dave F

Quote from: stub1953 on November 04, 2010, 04:19:15 PM
Dave F ,
              Thanks for the pic of the Starlites!!!!!   

Guys & Gals - All these phones are great !!!!!!!!!!!!!! stub
You're welcome, Stub.  I second that: All these phones are great!!

Here's a turquoise 1220 Trimline.  Restoration-in-progress.

cchaven

Some nice looking phones, and great looking cars!  I had a turquoise 1958 Rambler for a bit.  Though looking at the old polaroid, it could've been a light  mint green as well.

Here's my turquoise 1963 702B Princess.  There is very little fading on this phone and all parts are dated 4-63.  It and the beige-painted NE Contessa are the only two turquoise telephone's I have.

paul-f

Northern 1702.

These are hard to find with the original number cards and holders.  The plastic covers are very thin and incredibly fragile.  They often break when flexed to insert or remove -- especially when aged for 30+ years.

Please let me know if you're lucky enough to have spare number card covers available.  I have a few sets in other colors to clean up for display.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

ESalter

Nice 1220!  I recently picked up one for $10 on ebay, I'm in the process of fixing it up as well.  The flex circuit board was replaced with a 1978 one, so I found a 1960s dated one to replace it with. 

Just4Phones

Not sure if these are turquoise or aqua but these are some of mine :

AE_Collector

Close enough...

Top two look Light Blue or Aqua to me.

AE 90 looks like Jade green (Medium dark green)

AE 182 Starlite looks to be Turquoise but it could be slightly discoloured "Forget Me Not" Blue. It's hard to tell but the cords say "Turquoise" to me as well. What is the code on the bottom of the Starlite?

I won't ask you for the code on the back of the 90 though as it isn't important enough to warrant removing the phone from the wood.

Terry

Adam

Darn.  I don't own any turquoise phones.  Only this Western Electric aqua 500 dated 12/69.  It's my current fave phone, and sits on the night stand in my bedroom.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Dave F

Quote from: paul-f on November 04, 2010, 06:01:29 PM
Northern 1702.
That's a really nice phone Paul.
Quote from: ESalter on November 04, 2010, 06:39:15 PM
Nice 1220!  I recently picked up one for $10 on ebay, I'm in the process of fixing it up as well.  The flex circuit board was replaced with a 1978 one, so I found a 1960s dated one to replace it with. 
$10 for a 1220 -- Outstanding!  I sure wasn't that fortunate.  That ought to qualify you for "Find of the Month".

ESalter

Well Dave, the only good parts on it are the dial mechanism, the clear dial face and the paper mat.  It was refurbished in 78, at some point it was given a painted handset cord and painted back handset shell piece.  The rest of the plastics are faded so badly they look green.  I think that's why I got it so cheap, it was listed something like "Western Electric two-tone blue/green trimline phone".  The first 1220 I got was a pink one, found it at a hamfest for $4 or $5, don't remember which anymore.

Doug Rose

I only have one, is it aqua or is it turquoise??......Doug
Kidphone

Dan

What the heck is that? I have never seen a 302 in that color!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

jsowers

That 302 of Doug's is aqua blue and looks to be painted that color.

Maybe it's time I posted these again? I did these composite pictures to show the difference between aqua blue and turquoise, at least as far as WE phones are concerned.
Jonathan

Doug Rose

Jonathan...you are correct, my aqua 302 was professionally redone by a refurber many years before I found it. 6A dial and clear plungers. I think it polane as this is in perfect condition and it really will not chip. I have been looking at the pictures and I do agree with you, there are alot of aqua sets that were listed as Turquoise. I like you side by side presentation. Question I have is on your turquoise Princess. I have found a number of these over the years and they were light blue or aqua that faded to a turquoise, including the cords which I found amazing. Were there actually turquoise Princess phones, or were they all fades. I mean they faded completely and the only way to tell is unscrew the caps or open the phone....thanks....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

You had to throw in one picture with the Turquoise on the left?? :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"