News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bozo the phone

Started by TelePlay, June 08, 2013, 12:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Just saying, and I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but everytime I see this listing come up on eBay (it's been relisted a few times), the first thing that comes to mind is that old "B" movie Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

I, personally don't like clowns in general, think this is one heck of a scary phone and I would never want to see it much less own it, but, then, seems no one else wants it either . . .  :-\ Someday a clown lover may step forward and make it their own, maybe. Not a hideous phone or a lamp phone atrocity, just one heck of a scary phone in my mind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121123461363

Mr. Bones

John,

About all I can say is "WOW!" I am, personally, quite ambivalent towards clowns; they neither interest me, or disturb me.

That being said, I don't rightly recall ever seeing such a bizarre telephone. I can't help but wonder what it has for a ringer??? :o :o :o Could be something quite creepy, eh?

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

TelePlay

Quote from: Mr. Bones on June 08, 2013, 01:14:42 PM
John,

About all I can say is "WOW!" I am, personally, quite ambivalent towards clowns; they neither interest me, or disturb me.

That being said, I don't rightly recall ever seeing such a bizarre telephone. I can't help but wonder what it has for a ringer??? :o :o :o Could be something quite creepy, eh?

Best regards!

Maybe the creep factor has something to do with living less than a 100 miles away from John Wayne Gacy's 1970s playground. Google it . . .

Anyway, the phone appears to have a battery compartment in the base from some reason (maybe to play the laugh track), a modular plug in the base (probably two since the handset cord plug seems to be cut off the photo), a modular handset plug in the heels of the shoes and a King of Hearts TT number pad background. Then, when using the phone, you listen to the back of the head and talk into its butt. On top of that, you can select a ring (probably electronic) or the clowns laugh! Creepy is as creepy does as clowns are. Just what I need for a restful sleep, a creepy clown laughing on my night stand.  >:(

zaphod01

Oldphoneworks.com has these for $109.95. A tough sell at that price but to each his own.
"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

Mr. Bones

Quote from: TelePlay on June 08, 2013, 01:42:52 PM
Maybe the creep factor has something to do with living less than a 100 miles away from John Wayne Gacy's 1970s playground. Google it . . .
Quite familiar with JWG's activities. Creepy, indeed, and astoundingly deviant. The guv'mint really ought to allow old 'Speckled Forkses' kinda guys like me to continue to 'take out the trash'. They spent all those tax dollars on our training, and deployments abroad... ;)

Anyway, the phone appears to have a battery compartment in the base from some reason (maybe to play the laugh track), a modular plug in the base (probably two since the handset cord plug seems to be cut off the photo), a modular handset plug in the heels of the shoes and a King of Hearts TT number pad background. Then, when using the phone, you listen to the back of the head and talk into its butt. On top of that, you can select a ring (probably electronic) or the clowns laugh! Creepy is as creepy does as clowns are. Just what I need for a restful sleep, a creepy clown laughing on my night stand.  >:(

OK, now I absolutely have to draw the line at talking into any butt, much less a clown's, for Pete's sake! :o

If I even sent the clown-o-phone pic to my dearest friend, down TX way, she would not only curse me daily for a year, she would not sleep for a month, or more. Decidedly, it seems, not a clown person.

Best regards! Pleasant Dreams! :D

P.S. Still just gotta hear the ringtone, just once! (Morbid curiosity) ;)
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus