and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help identifying these number plates!

Started by finlover, March 03, 2010, 01:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Kidphone

JorgeAmely

I think these could not have been made to deceive someone. It takes a lot of industrial effort to manufacture these plates.

Jorge

Dennis Markham

Thanks Doug for the link.  I agree Jorge, they look too good to be home made, especially the back side. 

finlover

You're right, Jorge, they're really nicely made.  Chuck Irwin thinks they may be British.  Oh well, you and Dennis should expect some very interesting Christmas ornaments from me this year. :)

Dennis Markham

That's a great idea Greg....a dark red 202 made into a Christmas ornament!  I can't wait!

JorgeAmely

Jorge

finlover

Give 'em an inch and they take a mile... ;D

Dan/Panther

The way the auction is worded, I think the guy knew exactly what he had. I would submit a buyer claim for my money back.
State exactly why you think they are no good. They could be factory defects.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

finlover

Thanks for the advice, D/P and Kidphone,

You guys are probably right--that the seller was playing dumb and covered his a$$ with that question mark after the Western Electric.  But I really should have looked at the photo more carefully and asked questions, which I didn't.  If I had paid more money, I would definitely pursue a return even though he states that he wouldn't accept one for this auction.  As it is, it's not worth the grief to me. 

And if the Christmas ornaments don't work out I think I'll make a pair of Elton John-style glasses out of them.  Tell me I wouldn't be the hit of the antique phone show then!

Wallphone

I don't think that you will get any where by filing a complaint.
I asked if anyone knew what they are on the TCI Listserv but I haven't heard anything yet.
Dougpav

JorgeAmely

Talking about phone shows ... you should drive your cool car to the phone show here in CA this Saturday and deliver those dial plates personally. I will be there, rain or shine.
Jorge

Jim Stettler

Quote from: JorgeAmely on March 04, 2010, 08:25:28 PM
Talking about phones shows ... you should drive your cool car to the phone show here in CA this Saturday and deliver those dial plates personally. I will be there, rain or shine.

Tell Remco "Welcome to the USA" for me.

I agree that every telephone collector should attend at least 1 show. Your first show will blow you away.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dennis Markham

Jorge, I wish I could go to that show this weekend.  But I'm afraid it is outside of my jurisdiction.  :)  I'm going to have to settle for the Mason, MI show next month.

Wallphone

And I'll see you there Dennis.
The shows are great for swapping stories and learning something in the process.
I never walk away empty handed. It is also a good place to pick up all the little things at great prices and you don't have to pay for shipping either.
Do you know if Brian is going?
Dougpav

cihensley@aol.com

Dennis & Jorge:

Both of you asked for the ebay number for these number plates It is: 160405323223.

Chuck