News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Green Western Electric Continetal 202 D1

Started by Doug Rose, October 09, 2011, 11:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Janet found this beauty at a flea market this morning before the sun came up. Flashlight found this beauty. $30!!! They are out there. I will post more pictures when I clean it up. This is in amazing shape for a painted phone from the 50's....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Great find for $30!  I know the first one of those I bought I paid $125 for it.  It did have a #4 dial in it though.  Can't beat $30!

Doug Rose

Here is the finished phone....Doug
Kidphone

bigdaddylove

Tom B

Tom

Doug Rose

Quote from: Tom B on October 09, 2011, 06:09:36 PM
$30? Doug
you are on a roll  :D
It is actually better than the pictures show it to be. I am extremely fortunate to have this phone. It was the color I need to complete my set and I have been waiting for some time. To find it in this amazing condition is phenomenally lucky....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

liteamorn

Wow, super find! I have to start getting up earlier on Saturday mornings! I'm jealous.

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on October 09, 2011, 08:26:07 PM
Doug, is that a local EXchange?
Dennis...Yes....COpley was a local 617 Eastern Mass exchange. Its is still a Boston

Boston Central:  , 267, 
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: liteamorn on October 10, 2011, 08:48:00 AM
Wow, super find! I have to start getting up earlier on Saturday mornings! I'm jealous.
This was a good weekend, but there are a lot of days when it can be very sparse and you feel like you've wasted your day off. You take the good with the bad, this was very good!!...Doug
Kidphone

bigdaddylove

Nothing found this last weekend, Doug? Did you go?

AE_Collector

We need some more "Find of the Month" contestants for October (hint)

Terry

Doug Rose

Quote from: bigdaddylove on October 18, 2011, 01:34:25 AM
Nothing found this last weekend, Doug? Did you go?
It was sparse. We did find a nice manual 202 with really nice original paint. We did pickup a couple of beatup 302s and a Kellogg red bar for parts only as they were pretty much destroyed. You take the good with the bad. The yard sale season has about a month to go and will get more sparse as we go. Nothing like last week which was the best weekend of the year for us!!....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: AE_collector on October 18, 2011, 01:41:29 AM

Terry
Terry....it is always a thrill just to be nominated or whatever they say when they are nominated for an Oscar.

You should come up with a clever name for your award.
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 18, 2011, 08:03:25 AM
Quote from: AE_collector on October 18, 2011, 01:41:29 AM

Terry
Terry....it is always a thrill just to be nominated or whatever they say when they are nominated for an Oscar.

You should come up with a clever name for your award.

Well that is probably obvious "The Phoney Award"

Terry