News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone Stand/Table ???

Started by Dewdrop, October 20, 2011, 01:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewdrop

Saw one like the one pictured at a garage sale this morning, but it wasn't for sale. The lady uses it for her plants.

The picture is of a recent ebay auction:
measures 17 inches wide x 10.75 inches deep x 30 inches high overall
top shelf measures 11 inches wide x 10.75 inches deep
bottom shelves measure 16 inches wide x 10.75 inches deep

So is this a telephone stand/table - plant stand/table - or something else?

THANKS
Debbie
Debbie

GG

Most likely a magazine rack or phonograph record rack.

As a telephone table it would be inadequate because it hasn't a solid surface on top.  Any telephone from the 1930s to present, would find its metal base scratching about on that open framework on top, and would scoot around as you tried to dial. 

Dewdrop

GG,

Thanks for your opinion.

I'm hoping for a little more involvement here. Are there any folks that collect telephone stands/tables?

Here's some more pictures of recent ebay stands/tables.

Any comments or opinions will be appreciated, like numbers 1 through 8 - are they magazine stands or telephone stands?

#1 phone, #2 ____, #3 _____, and so on

I have one like the red stand, but mine is gold. A recent one I found is not like any of these pictured. Will try to post later today.

Debbie
Debbie

Greg G.

I don't really "collect" them, but they come up often in my search for phones on Craigslist.  If they are particularly nice looking, I'll get it if it's a reasonable enough price.  I go for the "gossip chair" types though, and bypass the metal stands.  This is the only one I have so far.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dewdrop

Debbie