News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Bell Telephone Company of Canada Bronze Plaque # 2

Started by ....., April 04, 2020, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 08, 2020, 07:20:06 PM
WOW! That was really dirty. It came out very nice, good work.

Thanks Harry, Notice the difference between the letters. The next thing I will do when we are over this covid stuff is take it to a machine shop. I want to have them attempt to straighten out the corners. They were damaged when it was removed from the wall way back when.

Doug Rose

That is stunning! Nickel is amazing. How heavy is it?

I always wanted a NET plaque that hung outside their buildings. All are long gone now.

Excellent find....other Doug
Kidphone

Quote from: Doug Rose on April 08, 2020, 08:27:42 PM
That is stunning! Nickel is amazing. How heavy is it?

I always wanted a NET plaque that hung outside their buildings. All are long gone now.

Excellent find....other Doug

Thanks Doug, It weights in at 20 lbs. My cast bronze one is 35 lbs.

phonetech87

Hey Doug;

I showed your photos to my ex manager at Bell Canada. He is a good friend and collector of telephone items. He told me that the CO signs were not a sort coded item to order like public telephone signs. They would have been made for that building when it was constructed. Almost like tailoring the sign for the specific building.

Keep me in mind if you find a "double" down the road.

Ben

Quote from: phonetech87 on April 09, 2020, 09:37:46 AM
Hey Doug;

I showed your photos to my ex manager at Bell Canada. He is a good friend and collector of telephone items. He told me that the CO signs were not a sort coded item to order like public telephone signs. They would have been made for that building when it was constructed. Almost like tailoring the sign for the specific building.

Keep me in mind if you find a "double" down the road.

Ben

Ben

Ask your ex manager if he knows where or who made them. I have been told that it was possible that Northern Electric / Telecom had made the plaques.