News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

TSG Gemini System II 4032E1 smartboard - Help Needed

Started by bfpjpth, January 20, 2019, 08:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfpjpth

I have a single slot 1D2 type payphone that came from Worcester, Massachusetts. I know the payphone was installed on March 11, 1998 and the phone number was (508) 485-3046. I believe that this phone is an original NYNEX phone. It does have a stainless steel Bell Atlantic logo vault door and the upper and lower information cards are Verizon. I found a NYNEX coin station routine record card inside the phone. The last record is dated 8/31/09 and the trouble reported is NACT and the work done was replace battery and reprogram.
  The main board is a TSG Inc. Gemini System II 4032E1. The board has a 3.6 volt  AA type lithium battery which is dead. I'll assume because of the dead battery the programming has been lost. The board has a red new installation button and 8 dip switches which can be set to on or off. Provided I replace the battery I'll assume the board can be programmed. Can this board be programmed at the payphone or does it need to call into a modem and download the programming ?  I just want to use the payphone in my house as a regular phone to dial out and to receive incoming calls. Can anyone offer any advice or help ? I think TSG is out of business and I haven't been able to find much info on the internet. Thanks
?

Payphone installer

There are probably two batteries,one on the back that is lithium and a second on the front for the relay. Both probably need replaced. There is no know software that I am aware of. But if you replace the battery's it may fire up in default. It would be much easier to replace it with a protel.

bfpjpth

Hi,
     This is Dennis in Manchester, Maryland,- the Verizon retiree who is getting hooked on payphones. Thanks for the info on the TSG board. I wasn't aware there is a battery on the back that I'll have to check out. If I can't get the TSG board to work I'll probably throw in a Western Electric 32 type dumb board and use it that way. They work good for me since I only use the payphones as extensions. Not sure if I'll need to change out the keypad. I've got a few 32 type dumb boards on hand. Would you have any or know of someone who has and wants to sell them ? Did you by chance find any payphone enclosures like we talked about that you might want to sell ? I recently bought two Verizon 18 X 18 payphone signs for my collection. The one sign is new and still has the plastic protection film on it. I now have two of the Bell Atlantic vault doors, but still looking for that NOS one. Thanks
                                                                                                        Dennis

Key2871

Hi Dennis, good to have you here! The other guy Jim, who responded to your questions is a longtime payphone guy, hence his user name. But I'll let him tell you.
If anyone has parts for sale on the forum posts them in the for sale section.
I for one look forward to seeing your input on payphones, and other things such as experience with different telephone things you have encountered..

Ken
KEN

HarrySmith

Hi Dennis!
Welcome ;D
I also look forward to you sharing your expeirence & knowledge with us. I am currently working on my first payphone. A lot to learn! Also <<WE LOVE PICTURES>>
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"