News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 6028 series adjunct key assemblies

Started by Babybearjs, October 05, 2016, 02:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

does anyone know where I can find out more about a 6028DA key switch. I bought one from Mary at phoneco and need to know more about them... are there any practices in the TCI library that explain them?
John

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

Thanks.... just found it... know of any further info about these units?
John

poplar1

Just that these are probably the same ones Ron had in one of his buildings located near his house back in 1986. I bought two of them for $2 each in Oct., 1986. Actually, I worked there for 2 weeks and traded work for phones.

Babybearjs

yup.... they were... Mary sent me all remaining 6 units... now I just have to figure out how to get them wired.... I want to use one of these on a 211 handset phone. but, the terminals are marked for old wiring setups.... I found the Tip side.... and the A-Lead... But were is the Ring side? the schematic I have for the switch shows usage for 1A, 1A1, and 1A2 systems.... I have 4 lines I want to connect through this.... if I wire the unit through the Tip and A-lead connections... I get my dial tone, but no hold.... am I going to have to rewire these switches? or am I just not seeing all the connections?
John

Victor Laszlo

Do you have a 1A1 or 1A2 KTU for each line you're trying to connect? The key is passive, and only switches between lines; it does not provide the PU, Hold and Release functions. Those are provided by the key equipment relays in the 1A1/1A2  KSU's.

rdelius

For your 211 set to work with 1A2 equiptment you will have to add A lead control.Easiest is remove the rec connection through the second switch and leave the rec in the circuit.Not the best thing to do.if you study the chassis of the 211 you will see mounting screws that can hold another switch assy
A switch might be improvised from parts from a 302 or similar set.I have wired these sets and the key assy for !a2 sets before.The key assy in the 564 or 2564 is the same as the boxes

poplar1

Here is what the 6028DA looks like:
The buttons are HPPPPC (Hold, Pickup, Pickup, Pickup, Pickup, Cutoff)

Babybearjs

Got it working..... why the engineers marked the terminal strip the way they did is beyond me.... Just so everyone knows....the wiring on these are as follows: the lines coming in go to the T(x) and H(x) terminals. and the a-Lead wires go to the A(x) wires (x: denoted line number) the phone set connects to the T and H leads with the A-Lead wires going to the A terminal and the A1 wire is spliced back to the KSU. On my setup I used 2 pair wiring on each line and stored the 4th wire for the line lamp on all my connections. I'll post pictures later.  My 211 must really be a 212 because it does have an extra contact pair for the a-Lead... even used the cutout key....that way I can turn the phone off at night.....
John

poplar1

The terminals are probably marked that way for 1A Key. The "separately mounted keys" such as the 6028DA are factory wired for 1A. The hold key has to be modified for use on 1A1 or 1A2:

[NOTE] 103.   CUT AND REMOVE RED LEAD, SOLDERED
                                        BETWEEN "H" TERMINAL AND PLUNGER
                                        SPRING OF HOLD KEY AS FURNISHED, BEFORE
                                        USING KEY IN KEY TEL SYS. NO 1A1

SD-69207-014

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.4 Holding
       A hold key is provided for use in connection with
       line circuits providing the holding [f]eature. The
       keys are furnished with the wiring arranged for
       use with 1A telephone systems. With this
       arrangement, operation of the hold key connects
       the hold lead, of the line to which the set is
       connected, to the sub. set and opens the circuit
       from the ring of the line to the sub. set. Line
       current operated the hold relay in series with
       the telephone set and the relay locks operated.

Release of the hold key restores the pickup key
       to normal before the ring circuit closes again,
       leaving the talking circuit, disconnected and the
       line held.  Line current caused by picking up the
       line again removes the holding bridge in the line
       circuit.

When the key is used with 1A1 key telephone sys-
       tem the wiring is changed as specified in Fig. 2
       and note 103.  Operation of the hold key then
       opens the "A" lead circuit, which permits the
       hold relay to operate in series with the tele-
       phone set and to lock operated.  Release of the
       hold key restores the pickup key as described
       above.  When the line is again picked up the "A"
       lead is closed causing the hold relay to be short
       circuited and to restore, releasing the holding bridge.

CD-69207-01, ISSUE 1

Babybearjs

Thanks for the info.... I'll do that if I run into any problems... so far, it seems to be working OK.... it really threw me on the markings.... I'm so used to T,R, and H that the "A" seemed out of place.... Then I noticed no "R" yet the wiring was right.... I had to adjust the pile up springs on line 3 as it had one side out of specs... would get the dial tone if you held down the button hard... now all is good.... I now have C*Net  access in my carport.... Neat....
John