"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Bk Precision 1050

Started by bobv, January 10, 2019, 08:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobv

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on January 11, 2019, 09:49:57 AM
Can you post a picture of your Sage 930 so we can see how you connect it ?

Jeff

first time with Sage 930. when I done successfully,  I post the video. my opinion dial repair is a very simple work. this is not a scientific work :)

I  follow this you tube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ZB50WDdsw

======================

EDIT: The above video was created and posted by Ed Morris

bobv

If you have a BK 1045 or 1050 dial repair, it is very simple. Just clean the dial with Ultrasonic and dry it. Lubricate. check the dial numbers with
BK one by one. Adjust the governor, if you need. (check the photo Red Mark) You are done. Dial works just great. this is basic. Next step you can go with Sage 930

Ktownphoneco

Dial repair is very simple ?    Really ?   This is what dial repair looks like (see attached pdf).    It has also been calibrated. 

Jeff

Doug Rose

Dial repair is so simple, even I can do it!

$6 to Steve Hilsz

Simple!
Kidphone

Ktownphoneco

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 11, 2019, 11:08:15 AM
Dial repair is so simple, even I can do it!

$6 to Steve Hilsz

Simple!

Or, $6.00 Canadian to me here in Canada.

Jeff

Doug Rose

Kidphone

bobv

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on January 11, 2019, 10:55:37 AM
Dial repair is very simple ?    Really ?   This is what dial repair looks like (see attached pdf).    It has also been calibrated. 

Jeff

:) Hi Jeff,
who made this dials? human made this dials........so we are human  8)

thanks
VB

bobv

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on January 11, 2019, 11:31:43 AM
Or, $6.00 Canadian to me here in Canada.

Jeff

Ah!!!! I save $6X9= $54 + shipping  :)

bobv

This is my SAGE 930A. I have all telecommunication test equipment's  :D. but I don't want to use all of them. simple easy method helpful for everyone.

Ktownphoneco

Yes, but your BK 1050 and BK 1045 are basically useless for calibrating a dial or repairing a dial for that matter.     The only one in your collection so far, that will, is the Sage 930-A.     It will measure and tell you what speed your dials are spinning at, and what the break period is.   
Why don't you hook up a dial to your Sage 930-A, and take a video of you spinning a dial in front of the screen on your Sage 930-A so we can see the pulses per second it's producing, and what the break percentage is.   By the way, I can't make heads or tails of your previous 2 posts that you directed at me.

Jeff

bobv

my opinion bk is very helpful. most of the dials need cleaning and minor adjustment. you don't have a sage 930? some other testers(prototype) are better than Sage 930A. but need more space.

bobv

You want to see option 1 and 13??

Ktownphoneco

The facts are beyond the point of an opinion.    You can't calibrate a rotary pulse dial or a T/T dial with either a BK 1045 or a BK 1050. Period.     Yes, I have a Sage 930A, which is what I use to calibrate dials.    Yes, I suspect there are other instruments on the market similar to the Sage 930A, but the BK 1045 and BK 1050 aren't one of them.   No matter how you'd like to dance around it, that's the bottom line.   You keep posting these useless video's of you dialing numbers on the Bk 1045 and BK 1050, which tells people "nothing".     Your posts may mislead someone who, like yourself , probably don't know how to repair or calibrate a dial, and they might end up searching eBay and spending their hard earned money, buying something they thing will work according to your posts, and find out when the instrument arrives, that it can't be used to calibrate a telephone dial, which is why they bought it based on "your" posts.    Stop acting like an expert on dial servicing.   You know nothing about it.

Mr. Moderator - I'm done here.

Jeff Lamb

bobv

Basic technology to make the dial work, I am using 1045A and 1050 and they will do the job.  The usual cleaning, drying, lubrication and checking numbers are needed. May be, small adjustments in the governor or so are also needed. 
I am posting what I am using and how it is working for me.  These 1045A or 1050 are affordable, if anyone wants to try out and works with dials. 
SAGE 930 is more advanced and I am not much familiar yet with the 930.  I can try that one and post some video later.

Anyone who have used SAGE 930, please post some videos.  We like to see those videos how they work and learn from it.
I found and posted a youtube video in the thread before. Looking forward to the videos of 930!

thanks.

Doug Rose

Jeff is a well respected collector and member of the Forum. I don't think his posts should be so easily dismissed.

I have seen selling WORKING Telephones for almost 40 years. Only equipment I have neeed was two POTS lines from the local telephone company. Later FIOS or Comcast with a Panasonic 616. Only a few dials reapaired by Steve H...Doug
Kidphone