News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Who has run into this before?

Started by Jester, June 26, 2009, 11:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

I thought I made the deal of the century awhile back when I bought not one but three ivory F1 handsets off ebay.  They were all from the same seller & all seemed to be relatively clean & nick free.  When they arrived, they were , in fact, clean & shiny, BUT...
Stephen

Jester

This is what the anchor rivet SHOULD look like.  Notice in the pic. above that if the top side looks like this, the back side-- the part that's crimped against the anchor-- NO LONGER EXISTS!! :o  The second shot shows the anchor removed from the handset with the rivet still in it... but just barely!  The reason I'm detailing this is because the anchor fell out of the other two handsets while I was readying them for use.  I decided to detail the repair procedure I used for future reference.
Stephen

Jester

The next shots detail the repair & the end result.  I elected to use a pop rivet because it's cheap & readily available.  Please note, though, that you will need a spacer between the rivet tool and the head of the rivet so the tool clears the inside lip of the transmitter cavity.  Holding the anchor in place while inserting the rivet through the handset ring and the anchor also proved challenging.  I screwed a 1" long sheetmetal screw into the first thread on the anchor, and this gave me a handle to position the anchor under the ring & hold it there while I inserted the rivet.
Stephen