In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Tribune

Mark Furze - TCI, ATCA

To miss-quote "Bones" McCoy . . .
                     "darn it Jim - I'm a doctor, not a telephone engineer!"

NorthernMan

A wild  guess of $566.00. with 23 hours to go.

AE_Collector

That's it, the gavel has come down on the red AE 40. Only $449, I'm surprised! The recession continues.

So Craig T almost nailed it at $444. I don't know if it is as simple as who ever is the closest or is there a closest without going over rule? Presumably Craig T wins? Harry was a bit higher at $500.

The winner is a member of both clubs (as far as I know).

Terry

Dennis Markham

You're correct Terry.  Closest without going over the final bid amount.  Congratulations CraigT.

Craig T

Thanks, hope I did not use up all my luck this early in the year  :)  Happy New Year Everyone.

AE_Collector

Quote from: Craig T on January 02, 2011, 01:08:21 AM
Thanks, hope I did not use up all my luck this early in the year  :)  Happy New Year Everyone.

Not to worry. Winning these contests AND $1.50 will buy you a coffee. (prices may vary eg: $3.50 at Starbucks AKA "Big Bucks")

Terry

HarrySmith

Congrats Craig!
Terry is correct, I won two last year and received all the accolades and gifts that come with it ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Wallphone

I forgot to post it, but when I saw the auction my only guess was that M***X (MoneybagsX) would win it. I think the buyer (who I have seen at phone shows) wants to own all of the AE colored sets. He even had a couple of colored AE-1A's at Ray K's house when I was there. I don't know if Ray was using them for molds or if he was going to buff them up for him. Ray had a real nice article on buffing in the Dec. TCI Singing Wires Journal.
Congrats Craig, you nailed it.