News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Parts Wish List - It seems someone could make these and make them available?

Started by markosjal, March 09, 2018, 09:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markosjal

There are many small items I have from time to time imagined that would be quite useful. I am listing some below and hope that others may follow suit. maybe someone like oldphoneworks might decide there is enough demand for some of them, or someone with a 3d printer can hammer some of these items out?

Electret mic replacement for cartbon mic that is an exact  replacement for WE 500 series, but with better sound quality.

F handset Microphone adapter ring for F type handset. If you have ever dried to replace a mic in an F type handset then you know that good mics are hard to come by. You can by three or four to get one good one. Whet of you could use a G type mic element? You can with an adapter ring. Althougjh there is some slight difference in contacts it will work with an adapter ring to take up the extra space

F handset receiver adapter to allow a receiver from a Trimline to install in an F handset.

Mic adapter for Automatic Electric 80 type handsets. This is similar to the adapter above in fact the same adapter could be used however it would need to also extend the contacts by encasing a WE element. Actually this is much like I found in an Italian AE Starlite. The only difference is that the center mic contact was elevated and it used an Ericsson/Telcer (european)  format mic element

Starlite replacemnt dial plates. My ideas for this include replacing some of those older ones that look like they have been through a war as well as possibly retrofitting a rotary starlite with a DTMF pad. The newer keypads like comdial seem narrow enough that this might work. The older WE and SCs that I have seen have "wings" and clearly would not fit.

Anyone have anything else?

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

markosjal

Payphone installer

I believe I have the F rings you are talking about they have been made. They are from a collectors estate.

AE_Collector

Yes NE, or WE or both made these. This came out of an F handset but I recall seeing the instructions somewhere. They included bending the outer contact slightly towards tge centre. There are two of these giant washers just to build up the thickness.

As for AE transmitter capsules, I don't find problems with them very often, they remained the same from the last days of the type 38 handset in the late 30's through the mid 80's and there seems to be lots available....around here at least!

Terry

Jim Stettler

I have seen plastic rings used in some Imperial sets, The Transmitter is a g-type w/adapter, the  receiver end is milled out for a G receiver element.  The WE were clear and the repro brown.

When Odis had House of Telephones he had the repro rings
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

markosjal

Some pics first here is a ring that came out of an Italian Automatic Electric Starlite. The handset is identical to American AE handsets. This mic element is not like the American Starlite It is more like an Ericsson or Telcer. Second and third  pics they are the erricsson , Telcer and GTE mics together.

This ring however also works to put a g mic element in an f handset

Last pic shows it with the Italian ae element

markosjal

Here is another useful ring

When I saw the receiver element that came out of the Italian Automatic Electric with Auso receiver element I immediately noticed the contacts were identical to the Telcer Bobo phone . But the receiver elements are somewhat different. Using the familiar set of WE trimline microphone rings, the Auso receiver fits in the Bobo phone. Factoring in that the rubber compresses down they are practically identical with the WE rings in place.

Mark

cihensley@aol.com

About 10 years ago I had some plastic rings made to fit g handset transmitters into F handsets. Free to anyone. PM me with your address.

Chuck

markosjal

The Plastic rings are awesome. I think what I will do is order a dynamic Mic capsule replacement (we type) from UK as it is the only place I can dind them (drop in capsule only) to put in the F1 handset with one of these awesome rings. With the AE Mini network it should have the best sound quality possible.

Thanks bunches