News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg Ivory Intercom made in Belgium

Started by Doug Rose, October 29, 2018, 08:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Anyone ever seen one of these before? Kellogg Ivory Intercom made in Belgium. I got out bid at the last second. This is a good candidate for a Bleach Bath, a new dial and insides. It sure is different. Looks similar to an Ivory WE....Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-KELLOGG-WHITE-CREAM-DESK-TELEPHONE-HOUSE-INTERCOM-MADE-IN-BELGIUM-/142983861762

?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

Seller Description:  "A HOUSE TELEPHONE -- KELLOGG, MID 20TH CENTURY -- approximately 9 inches wide, 5.3/4 inches high"
Kidphone

rdelius

Where is it marked Kellogg? appears to be a Standard or BTM set.Black sets are common so you could find inside parts

TelePlay

Quote from: rdelius on October 29, 2018, 09:53:36 AM
Where is it marked Kellogg? appears to be a Standard or BTM set.Black sets are common so you could find inside parts

Regular Member Post

He might have drawn that conclusion from this emblem, which is not very clear but looks somewhat like the Kellogg "K" or any other European phone manufacturers similar emblem.

rdelius

That does look like the Kellogg logo. It is possible since Kellogg was bought by ITT and Standard/BTM was part of ITT that kellogg bought equiptment from them.

FABphones

I've seen plenty of similar Belgian phones (usually black), but never this version.

Photos of logos for comparison:
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

rdelius

FABphones

Quote from: rdelius on October 29, 2018, 07:21:15 PM
Here is mine

Nice.   :)

That's the version I see. Have just turned one down in black for 5€, but it has a nick out of it.
I am trying to rein myself in a bit....

If I see a fingerwheel I'll let you know, I have similar in the spares box but not an exact match.

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble