News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Video - Telstar Call Control System...

Started by twocvbloke, March 20, 2017, 05:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

This just popped up in my Youtube subscriptions, so thought it'd be worth sharing on here as it's very much telephone related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx_qTIhtLj8

Jim Stettler

I have one of those. It is in the box, and was purchased by a phone company employee. These are pretty cool. They connected to the telephone network with a RJ31X "seize"* jack. You have house control of you telephones.

I would consider  trading or selling my Telstar.  PM if interested.
Jim S.

*Seize jack:The device that is connected has control of the phone line. Typically used in alarm applications.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

twocvbloke

Wouldn't mind having one myself, but the cost of importing stuff form the US thanks to the USPS has made such endeavours prohibitive sadly, and other courier services are even worse... :-\

AL_as_needed

These are really interesting, never knew that they were that complex as compared to your basic tape answer machine or auto-dialers.

BTW....using rotary is not "unfortunate" haha
TWinbrook7

Jim Stettler

The Telstar unit was marketed under the "American Bell" * brand. This American Bell Used the AT&T "Death Star" logo*  After the breakup AT&T  marketed some high tech home telephone stuff under the "American Bell" brand. I don't think the brand lasted long.
JMO,
Jim S.

*current at&t uses the inverse "death star" logo

AT&T was "American Bell" for 20 years before they restructured with long lines (AT&T) as the parent Company.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.