News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AT&T Customer Care Computer

Started by c64man, March 09, 2014, 10:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c64man

So I picked this up at the Vintage Computer Festival in the fall and finally got around to messing with it.   Its a rebadged HP 712 PA-RISC System.   Was used in the ATT Customer Care offices in Chicago IL.  Had no hard drive.  I suspect it booted from a LAN.  It has the HP Teleshare Card in it too which allows control of certain PSTN functions.   Kind of a neat piece to have.   Im trying to source the original OS CDs for it but they are MIA,  so as of right now its happily running OpenBSD

Att customer care pa RISC by slandon110, on Flickr

twocvbloke

Over here the most common of RISC based computers were Acorns, which stemmed from what is known as the BBC Micro, you could probably feed that computer a copy of Acorn's RISC-OS if you fancied something different to play with... :)

BruceP

I have an HP-UX Release 9.05 Installation CD for HP 9000 series 700, dated May 1994, and some documentation & diagnostic CDs, if you're interested.
Is there a model number like 712/60 on yours?

c64man

Quote from: BruceP on March 10, 2014, 08:29:13 AM
I have an HP-UX Release 9.05 Installation CD for HP 9000 series 700, dated May 1994, and some documentation & diagnostic CDs, if you're interested.
Is there a model number like 712/60 on yours?

Mines a 712/100 with 96MB RAM.   That would be awesome if you had those CDs.   I played hell with it trying to get a CD-ROM to go on it.    Found an old Apple CD300E SCSI that did the trick

BruceP

A few months ago I had the CD drive and a tape drive, but they're gone now.
Message me your shipping info.