News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg 9745 Spacesaver Wiring Diagram Needed

Started by LarryInMichigan, February 02, 2012, 07:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I won this: ebay link a few days ago, and it arrived today.  It is apparently a Kellogg 9745.  I came with a badly battered AE type 81 handset connected to the phone with a two-conductor power cord.  Inside the phone is an inductor coil, but there is no condenser.  There was part of some sort of buzzer attached to the inside of the housing, so I am guessing that there used to be a condenser there.  Interestingly, the phone has an FTR dial.  The phone is quite heavy.

In the 1941 Kellogg catalog, there are versions of this phone without a dial.

I do not see any wiring diagrams on the TCI site for this model.  Can someone direct me to a diagram?

Thank you

Larry

LarryInMichigan

The inductor coil is marked "106A", the same as the coil in the CB version of the Kellogg 925.  The hook switch also has the same types of contacts as the 925's, so with the addition of a couple of 1µF capacitors, it should be possible to wire this phone just like a 925.  It will take some effort though.  Someone has rearranged some of the soldered wires, and there are currently only two wires running to the dial.

The dial is apparently from military stock.  It has "MFP 8-50" along with various numbers stamped on the back in vermillion.

Larry

HarrySmith

Resurecting an old thread here. Looks like Larry never got his wiring diagram for this spsce saver. I am working on the same phone and have a wiring question. It  appears to be in woprking condition. My question is the line cord. It has 2 short pices of red & green wire on it. Connected to terminals J & S. That does not work. If I leave a wire on L I get dial tone using B R W & c. See attached pictures. What is the proper connection?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

OK, over 2,000 views of this topic and nobody has an idea? There has go to be something somewhere.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"