News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Automatic Electric Type A to Type F US Navy Phones

Started by ntophones, January 06, 2010, 02:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

You certainly got much more than your money's worth.

Larry

stub

lowrey340 ,
                I think you got a great haul :o for the money. I like the Navy AE also! Wish I had one!! stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

HarrySmith

Nice find! Great deal at that price! Congrats. The spacesaver has the often missing and hard to find mounting bracket too!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Gilas

I found that the toggle switch on the side of the 354 is hooked up to the ringer for a kill switch.  The 500 also has a US Navy ID on the bottom as well.  Anyone have any clue where I could find more about the AE Navy phone/Intercom?

Dennis Markham

Quote from: lowrey340 on May 30, 2012, 06:55:42 PM
Anyone have any clue where I could find more about the AE Navy phone/Intercom?

I would e-mail Steve Hilsz.  He does salvage work from Navy ships.  His web address is www.navysalvage.com

His e-mail address is:

jydsk@tds.net

AE_Collector

I would guess that the Navy Phone/Intercom with AE handset is not an AE phone other than the handset. It says "Radio Mfg Engineers Inc" and Peoria Illinois and shows a contract number. Most likely a piece of equipment that this company manufactured to a fill a Navy order and they happened to source the AE handsets. Of course AE did have a good history at supplying various telephone sets and equipment as well as PBX's to the military and in particular to the Navy.

Terry  

Doug Rose

Interesting Terry,  I have two, one black and one not painted. Exactly the same as pictured but no push to talk. I'll check mine out tonight to see if AE is mentioned, I always assumed it was an AE....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Terry...right again, no mention of AE on either plaques, just on the handsets. It is a mazing what I assume. It is one cool looking phone...thanks...Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

The fact that you also have two of them Doug suggests that there were a lot of them made! Interesting. Can one of you post a picture of it with the handset sitting on the "cradle"?

Terry

Doug Rose

Terry....I bought three of them together in the very early stages of eBay. I kept two and sold one for much more than I paid for all three. I haven't seen very many of them. I get a picture off this weekend....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Check your Inbox for an email from Stub!

Terry

stub

Terry,
       Here's what I have saved from earlier e-place sales.  
Doug,
        Can you post pics of the handset and the transmitter element so we can see if it is a AE Type 22 Sound-Powered Handset .  Trx. capsule - D-38348-A   Thanks ,     stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Gilas

stub

AE- Circular 1905       3-58 pg. 22     stub

Doug Rose,
                 I apologize for jumping in front of you with the earlier pics , they were just a couple of clicks away and I think I answered my own question. Again , sorry.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Doug Rose

Stub...no worries my man. I will get pictures this weekend.  Mine ARE push to talk, my memeory deceived me yet again, then again I thought for sure they were AE all the way.....Doug
Kidphone