News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Brittany phone from Paramount Electric doesn’t dial out

Started by Darth Humorous, October 12, 2022, 02:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Humorous

Greetings! I am new here so I hope this is the right place to post this.

As the Subject line says, I have this Brittany phone (model 1929) from Paramount Electric that doesn't dial out. It used to dial out on another line at another address, so I thought that perhaps there was a reversed line issue, and made a connector that reverses the 2 conductors, but to no avail. I can answer the phone and I can talk to whoever is on the other end just fine.

I should add that I did snip one of the ringer wires because I did not want to hear this particular phone ring. This phone has a DTMF dialer chip and a separate ringer chip. From what I can tell, having snipped one of the wires to the electronic ringer should not have caused the phone not to dial out, but I could be mistaken, since I am new to land line chip phones. I do plan to test this by reconnecting the wire, but it seems both wires are now broken off the ringer, so I have to resolder them as well, and it won't happen immediately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mark

Darth Humorous

Oops! I just realized this was in the wrong area. Please move it to where it belongs..."Modern "Reproduction" Phones" is my guess?

Mark

FABphones

Hi Mark, welcome to CRPF.  :)

Could you add photos of your phone, inc the interior and wiring.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Darth Humorous

Taking pictures of course is the best way to get help, I know. Currently, I don't have the resources to do that. I am going to get help with that from someone but it depends on their schedule. It is likely to be several days. I will attempt to post the pictures when I can get them. Posting pictures will be a new experience for me too.

I did manage to rig up the ringer temporarily without soldering it, and as I suspected, it has no effect on the ability to dial out.

Mark