News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Au Revoir Cabine Téléphonique

Started by FABphones, March 18, 2023, 10:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

Parked up next to this phone booth so had to take a few photos before it disappears. These are likely the last photos of this booth that will ever be taken.

No payphone remains, just the metal backboard with the emergency number notice. Some of the glass is missing, but the cantilever doors still worked just fine.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Contempra

Go to buy the payphone, Fab . Hurry up my friend :)

FABphones

Quote from: Contempra on March 18, 2023, 10:33:48 AMGo to buy the payphone...

Unlikely it would be allowed. I must one day find out where they go to...
 :'(
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Contempra

Quote from: FABphones on March 18, 2023, 10:42:03 AMUnlikely it would be allowed. I must one day find out where they go to...  :'(

Yes, I understand very well. I guess they have their buyer :( or they have to recycle some parts , I don't really know . Personally, I'm not saying that I would ever buy one, but I'm not stuck on this kind of phone. In my area, I know that there is one for sale (flea market) for $150 Canadian, but there is a part missing on the dial (the metal ring, the mica (kind of plastic) and the dial card.

ChrisW6ATV

A nice reminder of when they could pour concrete, install underground wiring, and provide a small building just for random people to communicate with others. (And, they could make money by doing so.)