News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Steve Hilsz, dial repair and parts

Started by HarrySmith, February 20, 2011, 10:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

how interesting... I forgot they were in the same state. steve seems to be in calif. more then AZ... thanks for the update...at least I now know were cliff may be getting some of the stuff he's been selling on ebay... john
John

Greg G.

Another thumbs up for Steve!  I checked with him about some gongs for my ashtray phone.  Quick response and he happened to have some!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

savageje

Steve always does an awesome job with dial repair.  Prices are reasonable, and he is fast.  He restored a sickly #2 (from a 51al stick) for me a few weeks ago.

recrum

I've got to chime in here.... Steve is just fantastic to deal with, period.  I probally would have fell flat on my face getting into this hobby (obsession) if it wasn't for Steve.  My very first phone was a Kellogg 1000 that I fell in love with on eBay and I had know clue what I was doing.  It was Steve that walked me through bringing it back to life, and that was probably 8 years ago.  I still to this day I shoot him an email for advise when I come across a phone I haven't  dealt with before.  It hasn't been until recently did I actually purchase anything from him, and even that went perfect. 

GG

Can anyone here post his phone number or email address or whatever means of contacting him?   I have a couple of dials for him to work on, that are beyond my skills to repair. 

AE_Collector

Quote from: GG on December 04, 2011, 12:53:12 AM

Can anyone here post his phone number or email address or whatever means of contacting him?   I have a couple of dials for him to work on, that are beyond my skills to repair. 

Steve Hilsz

jydsk@tds.net

teka-bb

=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

Nilsog

Just got my 4H back from Steve. He did an excellent job and I've already wired the dial into my D1 202 and it works great.
Ken

winkydink

Steve was great.

I sent him about 4 or 5 dials to refurbush.  His turn around was fast !   One dial was even missing a faceplate and he provided one.  You can't beat that kind of service !

Babybearjs

his ebay partner is Cliff. I've bought from him several times. he's currently selling a W.E. 212 KTU... want a set price for it... is in new condition... anyone looking for one??   John
John

bigdaddylove

I just had Steve do some work to two of my WE 202s and as usual, great work, unbelievable turnaround time and great communication.

Please do not hesitate contacting him for work.

BDL

southernphoneman

i plan on using steve for one of my own dial repairs, just can t afford to right now. but still at $6.00 a dial you CAN NOT beat that deal.

dsk

Steve are doing a great job, and he has the most unexpected parts in stock. An as mentioned before in this thread, not exactly expensive.  :D

Still, I like to do it my selves  :) If nothing else works, I have to send it away, (and it may cost some more to fix my mistakes) :P but I learn a lot.

dsk

WesternElectricBen

Does anybody know how I can contact him?

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.