"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Automatic Electric Type 34 Desk Set Schematic

Started by Ktownphoneco, June 29, 2015, 09:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-Man

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on July 01, 2015, 03:02:16 PM
Believe me, the next time I post a schematic to the forum, I'll simply state that the schematic is available and attached.     Period.   

Jeff Lamb   

The purpose of the replies from myself and others were not intended to unduly criticize your efforts but to further expand on other ways to create files that will print out with the least amount of loss of resolution.

This is not only for your benefit but is also keeping in line with the purpose of this forum which is to allow other members to learn from the experiences of their fellow collectors.

I am not an expert either and there  may be others who are more knowledgeable than I am (such as unbeldi) who may also be able to come up with additional means to accomplish converting these files entirely through digital methods.

Ktownphoneco

I realize that.  But I've explained why I did it, and how I did it.   If I'd realized that the original scan had been produced at 600 dpi, I would have simply converted it to a digital image, enlarged it, and posted it.     But as I have mentioned, several time, most schematics that have been scanned and uploaded to the TCI library, are done at low resolution, and I've gotten into the habit of printing them first, then scanning them at the desired size in order to acquire a good quality schematic.
My intention was to simply post a schematic, which would be of assistance to those who may want to download and / or print it for future reference.    That's it.    It wasn't a tutorial on the various methods of increasing the size of a small schematic to something that is easy to read.     That simply wasn't my purpose.   
You asked me once if the schematic was from the TCI library, and I stated it was.    Then in a round about way, you've vaguely alluded to the fact that I had plagiarized a document from the TCI library, which is simply NOT TRUE.     I stated the fact quite plainly in my original post with the schematic attached.     I have been a member of TCI for a number of years, and I've uploaded a good number of documents to the TCI library, both on the public side, and to the members only section.     If I download a document and post a document to this forum, I acknowledge the fact, one way or another.   

Jeff Lamb

G-Man

As I have already stated the steps listed were also for the benefit of other collectors and not for only for you, the forum is for all of us to learn from each other's experiences but we can also choose to accept or ignore any advice that is given. I just thought it is easier to convert and edit it digitally than going the roundabout way of printing it out, scanning, and then converting it to pdf. And though you find it more convenient to do it your way, and that's fine, others reading may like to try the other method. That is why unbeldi and I made our own suggestions; for the benefit of others as well as for yourself. Most discussions on this forum seem to morph into unrelated directions because that is what they are, discussions. If these threads were not intended for the benefit of all then we would have sent a pm instead.

When I first read your post you did not state that you wanted to magnify the diagram for printing out but I did read the following:

"This schematic has been provided with the compliments of the technical library of Telephone Collectors International.
Jeff Lamb"

It SHOULD be obvious that the suggestion to credit the source was a reminder to others to include doing so if they decide to follow the tutorial but if not, then I apologize to you for your taking offense. By the way, while most are decent TCI members, you included, given the past history of some of their previous board members, personally I wouldn't brag about being a member.