"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Coming out of the shadows - bob21801

Started by bob21801, November 12, 2011, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob21801

Hi folks,
I just want to introduce myself. My name is Bob and I live in Maryland. I joined the group a few months ago, but haven't posted until now. I've only been learning about these old phones for about six months or so, but have purchased several  ;) on eBay, at auctions and wherever else I can find them since. I've been tinkering quite a bit mostly with 500's and 554's although I'm presently working on an Automatic Electric Spacemaker. I also recently bought my first 2 candlesticks, a WE 202 and a 352 that someone painted. The 352 looks pretty rough the way it as panited, although it works fine. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with that one as I have time. I have no background in anything electrical but I've gotten through some issues by reading the group archives and searching elsewhere on-line. I really enjoy solving the issues some of these of these old phones have and sprucing them up. I've since sold several on-line and to friends and have received quite a few compliments on my results thus far. I can see where this is turning into a wonderful addiction and look forward to picking your brains as I need to learn more. Thanks for letting me be a part of this.

LarryInMichigan

bingster

From a fellow Marylander, welcome!
= DARRIN =

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

JimH

Jim H.

Dennis Markham

Welcome Bob, glad you're enjoying the Forum.