"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

princess phone ringer

Started by alison, August 28, 2012, 04:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alison

hi
I recently bought a princess 2702B.  I have all the cords and transformer to make it work.  It dials and receives calls and I got the light working too!  However the ringer is not ringing and the phone volume is very low.  Moving the loud/soft dial makes no difference. Any ideas???  Thanks.
Alison

poplar1

If you have a cord with the old spade tip ends, connect green and yellow wires to the same screw at the wall. Or, if it has been converted to modular, make sure the black ringer wire is on L1 (not G) and the red ringer wire is on K...the volume control on the bottom is for the ringer.... temporarily move the white receiver wire (there are two white receiver wires on the non-modular phones) from 5 (where the white-blue wire from the touch-tone is) to GN on the network. If the dial tone is loud now, then there are some dirty contacts on the dial.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

alison

Hi Poplar 1
I tried what you suggested to get the ringer working and it was successful!  I had the black wire on 1 not L1.  Someone had misinformed me or I got it wrong.  Thank you a ton!!!  I haven't dealt with the loudness factor yet.  The ringer loudness is fine.  Other people can hear me fine when I call them but they are somewhat feint for me.  I find I am straining my ear!  That's the next issue.  You wouldn't know the best way to clean the plastic housing by any chance, would you.
Thanks again
Alison