News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

W.E. 411 two line with exclusion plunger

Started by wds, December 18, 2015, 06:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Picked up this phone last week, and I'm not sure what I have here.  All matching dates IV 39, metal shell.  Paint is great and should polish up nicely.  Shell is marked J2 and engraved in the shell next to J2 is J231.    Handset is marked Federal.  I tried both lines (1 & 2) and they work fine.  Exclusion plunger kills the phone, but not the phone line.  The switch on the front corner doesn't seem to do anything.  I can turn the switch while talking on the phone and it has not effect.  i tried it on both lines and nothing happened.  Could the wiring have been messed with?  Or is this not a 2 line phone?
Dave

G-Man

It can be wired for the following options:

• two-lines
  • control of a headset
  • cut-off the ringer
  • excluding an extension(s)
  • signaling
The diagram should be in the TCI Library.

wds

I didn't see any diagrams on TCI for this style phone, but I'll keep looking.  Doesn't control the ringer either.  Would be nice to know if the line cord is wired properly.  Here's pictures after a quick cleaning.  Dial plate and dial also matching dates.
Dave

G-Man

There are numerous hits in the TCI Library for this set. I have to leave so I don't have time to go through all of them but this should allow you to check how your set is wired:

WEBellSystemChristian

Nice find!

I have only have a '41, and the original paint wasn't nearly as nice as yours!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Mr. Bones

Very nice phone, Dave!

I've been holding out for a metal one for some time... guess I'll keep on checking the ads. ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

wds

I looked again on TCI and I still don't see that wiring diagram.  I see the section of 400 series phones, but not the 411 wiring diagram you provided the link to.  I must be doing something wrong on my searches.  Thanks for the link.

I didn't realize that the line button was a push as well as a turn button.  I'll have to spend some time figuring out the wiring.

I don't usually collect this style of phone, but I rarely ever see one like this in metal so i grabbed it.  I'll let you know if I decide to pass it on!
Dave

G-Man

The wiring diagram for the 411-series is shown on page-2, figure 3, in the practice that I provided a link to.

Since a complete model number wasn't provided, we don't know what features were available on your set. However, you will be able determine that by referencing the tables shown in the practice.