"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gray Mushroom Phone

Started by Dave F, August 31, 2010, 02:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave F

Quote from: Dennis Markham on September 02, 2010, 06:35:33 PM
Dave, my apology for hijacking your thread but I'll go ahead and make this post.  I think the photo Jorge was referring to is posted below.  That is from my 500 P/U dated 8-1959.  I'd like to take credit for the idea of the photo, but I copied it from a Bell ad that appeared in a Saturday Evening post. I don't know the date of the magazine in which it was originally printed.  I bought the Ad off eBay.

No apology necessary.  This is great!  The more we get to see, the better the forum is.  Keep it coming!

The light bulb used in the 500P/U is a #46.  These are easily obtainable from light bulb sellers on eBay.  They are sold in small cardboard cartons containing ten bulbs.  The cost for an entire carton is only about $5.  Some people try to sell individual bulbs for about that same price to phone collectors.  Don't fall for it.  The exact same thing applies to bulbs for Princess phones.  That bulb is a #259.  I hope this info brightens up your day, and your phone.

Dave F

Kenny C

i found out yesterday if you dial 555 you are connected to 411 (directory assistance)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010