News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What are Chrome Connecticuit Signal Corps phones worth?

Started by Partyline4, April 07, 2018, 08:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partyline4

Like this one here:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/352320923731

It's been sitting on eBay for a couple of months now, and I want to send the seller an offer...What is a fair price? 229 seems a bit high..

There was one on Goodwill.com a while back.

Any thoughts?

rdelius

These were not factory items but were plated by refurbishers.The quality varies some have chrome bands on the handset.The plating alone might be over $100 itself.Other options were cloth cords.

Partyline4

Wow, Okay. So what do you think a good offer would be? What would you pay for it?

HarrySmith

It is worth exactly how much you are willing to pay for it, not a penny more!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

mentalstampede

I wouldn't give any more than I would for any clean unoriginal TP-6. Looks like this one possibly has had the handset painted as well. The Conn. Elec. handsets are poor quality plastic and don't hold up very well; painting that usually won't fix it.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Partyline4

Quote from: mentalstampede on April 08, 2018, 01:50:00 PM
I wouldn't give any more than I would for any clean unoriginal TP-6. Looks like this one possibly has had the handset painted as well. The Conn. Elec. handsets are poor quality plastic and don't hold up very well; painting that usually won't fix it.

The seller rejected my offer....You can buy regular tp's for like....30 dollars. I would never let a chrome one go for that little...

Greg G.

Quote from: Partyline4 on April 09, 2018, 10:31:51 AM
The seller rejected my offer....You can buy regular tp's for like....30 dollars.

I would do that and just put shiny new coat of black paint on it, but that's just me.

I have one, and for the life of me, I don't know why they came up with this design, it's not very practical.  The dial is in a nearly vertical position, which makes it kind of clumsy to dial unless it's sitting on something six inches higher than the desktop.  But it is a unique design, which is what makes it collectible.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

19and41

Sometimes a company setting up to manufacture a common item under their brand will change features to avoid any possible rights infringement claims from another manufacturer.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Pourme

~

I'm not a big fan of these phones in general. This is the nicest one I have ever seen offered. I would say that whatever this one brings, will not be representative of what the "average" chrome one would bring.

Might be a good candidate for a auction contest, because of the low starting price.

Nice!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Partyline4

OH wow! I'll keep my eye on that. Is it going to be in an auction contest?