News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

are manual western electric 500 worth more than there dial counter parts?

Started by southernphoneman, September 23, 2013, 04:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernphoneman

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a manual black western electric model 500s are woth more than the 500s with rotary dials, thank you, Gregg

WesternElectricBen

Well, I had the chance to buy a 500T manual from the same year my Rotary 500T is from and I've seen 500T rotarys go for more..

Ben

paul-f

All manual 500s were not created equal.

Early sets with the 95A apparatus blank are (in my opinion) scarcer and more desirable than sets with the later blanks.

http://www.paul-f.com/500blanks.html

I agree that for a given year manual sets are usually less in demand, so sell cheaper.

The dial version of an early 500 that would likely have a 95A blank if manual might have a 7A dial.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

southernphoneman

Quote from: paul-f on September 23, 2013, 07:53:47 PM
All manual 500s were not created equal.

Early sets with the 95A apparatus blank are (in my opinion) scarcer and more desirable than sets with the later blanks.

http://www.paul-f.com/500blanks.html

I agree that for a given year manual sets are usually less in demand, so sell cheaper.

The dial version of an early 500 that would likely have a 95A blank if manual might have a 7A dial.
thank you paul-f this is the answer that I am looking for, and since my manual is a 95-B that would mean that it is not worth as much as the aforementioned 95-A,i had considered selling mine but since the prices of phones right now seem to be declining,i will hold off on it.thank you once again, and thank you ben and david@london for your replies also. Gregg.

Doug Rose

thanks Paul....good information. I have a few I have to dig out.....thanks...Doug
Kidphone