"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How Long Should I Wait for Shipping

Started by canuckphoneguy, April 09, 2012, 07:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canuckphoneguy

I have a question about EBay etiquette.

I purchased this phone on April 2nd and paid for it that day once I received the invoice from the seller. --> http://tinyurl.com/89zrkrd

It's now April 9th and the phone has not been shipped and I have not heard anything from the seller. I sent a message on April 5th verifying that she had received my payment and saying that I looked forward to receiving the phone.  No response. She has been on Ebay as she listed some new items on April 7th.

What's your advice? I have, up to this point, had good experiences with Ebay sellers. They usually ship around 3 days after receiving my payment.

I also know it's been Easter, so I'm trying to be patient and understanding. But I do feel that I should have had at least a response to my message.

Thanks everyone for your input.

LarryInMichigan

I bought a clock (link) almost three weeks ago and never heard a word from the seller.  According to ebay, today is the last day in the estimated delivery range, so if it is not here today, I plan to contact the seller asking where it is.  If I do not hear back in a day or so, I plan to contact ebay.  I think that ebay requires a fairly long period, like 45 days, before they will do anything about non-receipt of an item.

I think that you should wait at least a few days more before worrying about the phone.  If it never arrives, I have a couple of moss green 500s to sell for cheap.

Larry

dsk

I have had to wait more than 30 days on several parcels from the far east. I have sent  the seller a mail, and made it clear, if its not received within a sudden date, I will formally open a case, this will of course be shut if the parcel arrives within the time Ebay force to close the case. 
Once the seller had "forgotten to send it" I t came extremely quick from  China with some express mail.  :D

Ebay and paypal has obviously the power to make them fulfill....

When it is solved, use to give good feedback.

dsk

canuckphoneguy

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on April 09, 2012, 08:11:56 AM
I bought a clock (link) almost three weeks ago and never heard a word from the seller.  According to ebay, today is the last day in the estimated delivery range, so if it is not here today, I plan to contact the seller asking where it is.  If I do not hear back in a day or so, I plan to contact ebay.  I think that ebay requires a fairly long period, like 45 days, before they will do anything about non-receipt of an item.

I think that you should wait at least a few days more before worrying about the phone.  If it never arrives, I have a couple of moss green 500s to sell for cheap.

Larry

Thanks Larry - I may take you up on that. I'll be patient for awhile longer.

Dennis Markham

Your seller's feedback reflects that they are slow in shipping.  The only negative listed is a result of it taking too long to ship.  It's always good to look at the Feedback and if questionable then pass on the item.  It's not worth the aggravation of waiting and wondering.  There will be another item just like it or better. 

Looking at the photos of this one it looks like a crack on the top of the housing.  I don't see anything mentioned in the description.  I hope this transaction turns out well for you.

canuckphoneguy

Good news - I just received notification that the phone is being shipped.

Thanks for your input - I really appreciate it.  I'm glad I waited.

Hopefully the phone's in good condition - I will let you all know when it arrives.

Bill

One other minor comment. In my experience, if you write to the seller, request / demand that he send you  the tracking number. If you paid for anything beyond mule-over-the-Andes transport - in other words, any kind of expedited shipping (which usually means USPS Priority Mail) - the post office or shipping company automatically provides this to the seller. He doesn't have to request it or pay extra for it. This immediately puts an end to waffling.

Bill

LarryInMichigan

I sent a message yesterday to the seller of the clock which I never received asking for tracking information and have not yet received any reply.  This seller has a 100% rating and has been receiving good feedback since I paid for my clock, so I do not know what to expect.  I will probably complain to ebay if I do not hear anything by tomorrow afternoon.

Larry

canuckphoneguy

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on April 10, 2012, 12:51:44 PM
I sent a message yesterday to the seller of the clock which I never received asking for tracking information and have not yet received any reply.  This seller has a 100% rating and has been receiving good feedback since I paid for my clock, so I do not know what to expect.  I will probably complain to ebay if I do not hear anything by tomorrow afternoon.

Larry

Hopefully this works out for you. It's kind of weird that with a 100% rating they would be so lax in shipping to you. Did you notice if they've been online lately - like adding new items? That may give you some insight as to if they've even been online.

LarryInMichigan

They have been listing and shipping other items while I have been waiting.  I am rather annoyed now that it has been about 29 hours since I contacted them and have not received a reply.  I plan to complain to ebay tomorrow afternoon.  i would really like to receive the clock even though it wasn't a great bargain.  I have become about as fanatical about clocks as I am about phones.

Larry

canuckphoneguy

I think there's no excuse, especially if they've been online. Good luck with the battle.

PS. I'm avoiding making my first clock purchase too, since I know what will happen to me if I do.

LarryInMichigan

I just received a reply from the seller saying that they mistakenly sent the clock to the wrong address, it came back on Friday, and they resent it on Monday along with some money.  Perhaps I will receive it this time, and hopefully in one piece.  This clock is plaskon and quite breakable.

Beware of clocks.  They can also be addictive.  Even worse, some of them have radioactive luminescent paint, so they can actually be mildly dangerous.

Larry

ESalter

A friend of mine has a clock with a Radium dial.  I always though it was the neatest thing how it glows indefinitely.  He bought a Geiger Counter at a hamfest a few years ago, said when he got home and pointed it at that clock dial it pegged the meter!

TelePlay

Quote from: ESalter on April 11, 2012, 12:04:16 PM
A friend of mine has a clock with a Radium dial.  I always though it was the neatest thing how it glows indefinitely.  He bought a Geiger Counter at a hamfest a few years ago, said when he got home and pointed it at that clock dial it pegged the meter!

As you may know, the people who worked in the factories painting the radium on the hands would put a point on their brushes before dipping them into the radium paint to paint the next hand by using their tongues and quite a few died of radiation poisoning. Lot of things weren't known in the area of radiation and heavy metal poisoning way back when, to their great misfortune.

twocvbloke

Maybe that's where the idea of irradiated people glowing in the dark in cartoons and comics came from... :D