News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gearing up For Easter...

Started by Dan/Panther, March 02, 2009, 12:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I know that no one asked, but I though some may be interested to know the signatures on the baseball, on top of the radio in the post.
One is very hard to read but it's Bill Skowron, that may give away the other name.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Argyris

Gotta be Roger Maris. I'm a fan--I was at Yankee Stadium (now "the old Yankee Stadium") the day the team retired his number in the early eighties.

Dan/Panther

Argyris;
Exactly right.
I'm a die hard Yankees fan from way back. Born in New York, and still consider myself a New Yorker.
People can badmouth the Yankees all they want, but the bottom line is, they have won the World series 25% of the time.
D/P

Dennis Markham

Remember the rule:  Never talk about religion, politics or baseball! :)

McHeath

Quotethey have won the World series 25% of the time.

Gee they have?  That's impressive.  I know nothing about baseball really, oh I played a season of little league as a kid, and once in a while will watch some a game of a World Series, but that's about it.  I was always the nerdy kid, and now man, who was reading books about Rome or now playing with phones, so sports escaped me. 

Dan/Panther

That stat was about 8 or 10 years ago, so I'm sure it's now down to around 20%, but still that figures every 5 years they win the series on average. That doesn't leave much for everyone else.
D/P

McHeath

Hey it just hit me that you are missing St. Patty's Day in your scheme of phone colors.  Gonna be some angry little green men from Ireland!

Dan

Someone's gotta post a picture of a lime green Stromberg-Carlson, my fav modern phone.....
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HobieSport

Here you go, Dan. :)

Dan/Panther

I need a green phone ( I did forget about St Patty's, and I'm 1/2 Irish ), and my 10 year old daughter desperately wants a lime green phone. Where did you get it, is it for sale ?
I may have to confiscate it for national security reasons.
D/P

HobieSport

Speaking of green phones, here are a couple of beauties from the UK:

http://tinyurl.com/dfjx3g

http://tinyurl.com/cfj9lm

bingster

I love the two-tone BPOs.   I almost wound up with a green one just like the one in the pictures, but at the last minute the bidding got out of hand. 
= DARRIN =

Dan

Quote from: HobieSport on March 06, 2009, 02:35:56 AM
Here you go, Dan. :)

Thanks--a beauty and I haven't seen one under $79 yet
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HobieSport

Quote from: Dan/Panther...my 10 year old daughter desperately wants a lime green phone. Where did you get it, is it for sale ?

Sorry D/P, the lime green rotary S-C was just an image I got from Google.  I saw none for sale on Ebay, unless you are interested in this S-C lime TT:

http://tinyurl.com/8ql3fp

bingster

I see the lime green (and orange, too) on ebay quite frequently.  You should be able to pick one up rather easily if you wanted.
= DARRIN =