News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NIB Nile Green Monophone

Started by AE40FAN, December 10, 2011, 01:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE40FAN

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200685036868&category=38038&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Who wouldn't want this phone.  Probably the rarest of any AE40's being that It's new in it's original box.  I'll guess 5000.

GG

Most interesting.  I'm going to guess closer to $8,000.

OTOH, Ray can make one for about $700 with chromed dial fingerwheel and handset bands, that's indistinguishable from that one aside from chrome/gold, or if you prefer, in red, white, and blue psychedelic swirl.  If I was wealthy I'd sooner spend the $8K on some quantity of Ray's originals plus an AE PBX to connect them.

OTTH (On The Third Hand), the rare MIB example by AE deserves to be kept in preservation in some historic collection out there, so here's to hoping that someone we know ends up with that one. 

AE40FAN

Who is this Ray and where is this website?

HarrySmith

Ray Kotke, Kleenax on this forum. Makes many different models in many different colors from his own molds.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Ironic that the sellers ebaY handle starts with RayK!

Remember to post pictures of this stuff. The person who does the first post should include pictures for the future as ebaY links go dead soon after the auction yet we reread these posts over and over.

Some of the usual suspects bidding though I don't know who r***r 87 is. Haven't seen i***n 110 around for a long time now. Still in the rare AE sets hunt apparently.

Terry

AE_Collector

New owner at $3477 is i***n 111.

I managed to get most of the info that I wanted from the pictures to complete an "AE Phone Code Survey" on this one.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5514.msg67058#msg67058

Terry

Doug Rose

In 1972  I bought a Brand new Fire Engine Red Chevrolet Camaro for $3200. I know the phone is older, but I sure got a lot of miles out of the Red Rat.

It just seems like a lot off cash for a phone.....Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 13, 2011, 01:56:22 PM
In 1972  I bought a Brand new Fire Engine Red Chevrolet Camaro for $3200. I know the phone is older, but I sure got a lot of miles out of the Red Rat.

Agreed! I had a freind with a 1970 1/2 with the split front bumper. Nice car....

Terry

paul-f

I owned a '71 gold Camaro - big V8, Hurst shifter - and drove it until it rusted out.

Using an on-line inflation calculator, your $3200 would be worth about $16,488 today, so the phone is only half the car.  The phone has probably aged a lot more gracefully than the car.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

Quote from: paul-f on December 14, 2011, 12:51:15 PM

I owned a '71 gold Camaro - big V8, Hurst shifter - and drove it until it rusted out.

Using an on-line inflation calculator, your $3200 would be worth about $16,488 today, so the phone is only half the car.  The phone has probably aged a lot more gracefully than the car.
Paul....with an 18 year old wild man driving it....that's a good bet to take....Doug
Kidphone