News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

from daisy chaining to star topology... (home Runs)

Started by Babybearjs, May 09, 2017, 10:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, after 3 years of daisy chaining my phone system, I'm finally redesigning the whole system. In its present form, the phone lines are daisy chained through 6 66M1 blocks. After umpteen times I've had to trouble shoot the system, I've finally decided to all home runs in my phone network. I drill a 2 1/2" hole though the floor on my front closet and am going to buy Blue, Orange, Green, Brown and Gray Cat5E cabling to rewire the entire system. Deep Surplus offers 1000', 500', and 250' boxes of cabling in an assortment of colors... by rerunning all my lines and terminating them in 1 location.... its going to save me tons of time troubleshooting and offer better wiring options. With 4 pair cabling my system terminates with a spare pair of wires... I wanted to stay with the 25 pair, but I can't get the deals like I did 3 years ago and by having the system broken down into individual colored cables makes it easier for me to see what I am doing. I had gotten a box of Drive rings from a retired telephone worker and was able to put them in under my home to secure the wiring. (getting the wire off the ground is a major plus....) getting rid of all my splices is another plus.... so, wish me luck and I'll post pictures when I can.....
John