News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Chrome Retirement Buttset

Started by Doug Rose, June 22, 2016, 08:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I received this today and I am thrilled with it. Butt set is either Nickel or Chrome. 4H dial and just just a minor cleanup.

I got home today and saw it on my porch in a Priority Envelope Bag. No SH*T. My heart sank. I was wrapped with three plastic grocery store bags around the Butt set. THREE!  I had never seen one and probably never will. Being a tech, this is a prize to me.

It survived the trip....UNDAMAGED....Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282072505282?
Kidphone

oldguy

Brownie saw a lot of changes in phones between 1922 & 1964.
Gary

AE_Collector

And I wonder where it has been for the past 52 years! Did you ask the Seller if they had any insight to its past Doug? I hope that Charles had a great retirement life.

Somewhere around here I have a plaque with a 1957 AE dial mounted on it that was a retirement gift to a lady who worked at AE and retired in 1957, the year that I was born. I find it really hard to imagine what a day at work was like in the first half of the 20th century.

Terry

paul-f

Beautiful.

It must have taken hours in the plating tank to get that finish.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Fabius

Very nice. Hopefully you can find out something about Brownie.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Doug Rose

Here is the answer I received

"Hi there. It was actually given to me by a friend who was moving across country and all i know is it was his great grandpas. Sorry about that. Bleu Tracy"

I can not believe giving away something of my Grandfathers with his name inscribed on it. Oh well!

It cleaned up great!....Doug

Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Really cool looking buttset, Doug! That dial card is definitely one-of-a-kind!

Those cheapskates at Bell must not have thought Brownie was good enough to have a brand new #6 dial on his retirement present; he had to get a used #4! ;D ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Christian...on these old butt sets only a #2 or a #4 would fit. I am really glad its a #4...>Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Doug Rose on June 23, 2016, 01:20:20 PM
Christian...on these old butt sets only a #2 or a #4 would fit. I am really glad its a #4...>Doug
I was only joking. At least it's more desirable on our end, and a more worthwhile collector's item! :)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Tim Mc

That is very cool!  What a great piece of telco history.