News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally Finished my 302

Started by Godfather367, March 30, 2015, 01:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godfather367

Here is my first WE 302 restoration. I lightly sanded the handset with 1000 grit sandpaper, then used rubbing compound and polishing compound with a buffing wheel. I sent the dial to Steve Hilsz in Arizona for rebuild (really nice guy) I bought replacement line and handset cords on ebay and installed them, stripped the paint from the body and fingerwheel, I had the body powder coated and repainted the fingerwheel myself. I used a laminate dial plate to replace the old one. I then went to the inside and totally cleaned all the components and polished up the brass bells. The only thing left for me to replace are the feet on the bottom. I might actually either have the fingerwheel powder coated, or just buy one already done.
The first picture is a before picture, the others are after pictures. The wooden base I have it sitting on is a vintage piece and has a phone directory that pops out on the bottom. I got two of these wooden bases at an estate sale, brand new, never written on, in the original box.
Anthony -
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
ATCA 4719
<center><a href="http://atcaonline.com/"></center>

persido

You did a great job, the phone looks awesome.

Scot

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

paul-f

Wonderful!

The Directory/Note Pad adds a touch of class.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Contempra

Dan/Panther

Another treasure back from the brink.
Great Job.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Greg G.

Quote from: Godfather367 on March 30, 2015, 01:38:54 AM
The wooden base I have it sitting on is a vintage piece and has a phone directory that pops out on the bottom. I got two of these wooden bases at an estate sale, brand new, never written on, in the original box.

Is there a manufacturer's name on the wooden bases?  Nice job on the 302!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Godfather367

Quote from: Brinybay on March 31, 2015, 12:53:11 AM
Is there a manufacturer's name on the wooden bases?  Nice job on the 302!

Here is a picture of the paper that was inside the box with the base. Don't know the year of this, but the paper shows it with a 302 on it, so I would think it's from around 40's or 50's.
Anthony -
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
ATCA 4719
<center><a href="http://atcaonline.com/"></center>

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill