News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE C & G mounts years of manufacture

Started by HarrySmith, January 23, 2019, 10:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I have been searching for hours to try to find the years WE made the C & G mounts. I have read many BSP's, searched Pauls site and Googled. I found BSP references starting in 1931 and ending in 1984. I tried all different nomenclature, space saver, 101,102, 211, 212 etc and could not find anything definitive. Does anybody have anything that might contain this info?
Thanks!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

paul-f

Try this topic: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11422.msg125730#msg125730

Scroll down to "Hanger type" (see attachment)

Also, try a search for "c-type handset mounting"

Some interesting topics include: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=14679.msg152573#msg152573
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Jim Stettler

Try hand telephone. I thin k the spacemakers and trimlines both are reffered to as hand telephone.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

OK, thanks. Some good info there. I knew it would be here somewhere!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Earliest I have had is a G1 dated IV37. Seeing them dated '36 is amazing.

I do like the C1s much better with the "Z" necks and the E1s. I have one with a #2 dial.....Doug
Kidphone

SUnset2

For what it's worth, the newest G mount that I have has a 1-77 sticker inside.  I'm assuming that's a refurb date, as it has obviously been repainted, and none of the dates on the parts match.  The handset is 74, the dial 64, the transmitter 72 and the receiver 68.  It's non-modular (did they ever make these in modular?).   But, I take it from the post above that someone here has one from 1980.

poplar1

Quote from: SUnset2 on January 25, 2019, 12:06:14 AM
For what it's worth, the newest G mount that I have has a 1-77 sticker inside.  I'm assuming that's a refurb date, as it has obviously been repainted, and none of the dates on the parts match.  The handset is 74, the dial 64, the transmitter 72 and the receiver 68.  It's non-modular (did they ever make these in modular?).   But, I take it from the post above that someone here has one from 1980.

The red dates in the date range table are refurb dates.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.