News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

REFURBISH ANTIQUE TELEPHONES FOR FUN AND HOBBY

Started by Greg G., February 04, 2014, 03:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I happened to stumble across this book in my cyber travels.  Not many reviews, most of them good, one a big fat thumbs down.  Anybody here have this book and if so, have any thoughts on it?

http://www.amazon.com/REFURBISH-ANTIQUE-TELEPHONES-FOR-HOBBY/dp/1426962835
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Matilo Telephones

Yes, I have it. It is about how to install parts from 70-80ies telephones in wooden wall phones to make them work again. THat sort of stuff.

It is not my style of working on antique telephones, I must say.

It you like to keep your phones as Original as possible, this is not the book for you.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Contempra

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on February 04, 2014, 04:14:33 PM
Yes, I have it. It is about how to install parts from 70-80ies telephones in wooden wall phones to make them work again. THat sort of stuff.

It you like to keep your phones as Original as possible, this is not the book for you.

Hi Arwin... So this book isn't for me 'cause I keep my phones in their originalty.;) thanks Arwin for the information

Greg G.

Mine neither.

I do, and thanks for the feedback.   I would have been miffed and tossed the book.  The "big fat thumbs down" review on Amazon was apparently accurate.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e