News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Leich 62 rings while off hook?

Started by RDPipes, May 24, 2023, 06:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

First off yes I realize a Leich 62 doesn't have a ringer, I converted a 62 to 90 by adding a original ringer and spacer (photo below does not reflect the change). Before adding everything work grand but, I didn't test to see if it rang without the handset on the cradle so odds are nothing has changed from adding the ringer. I didn't get a dial tone with the red on L2 but, did on terminal 3 and everything worked fine except it rang off hook. I've run down all the wires and everything is right except the "R" wire being on term. 3. when wired like the diagram shows I get no ring and no dial tone, Na Da. The diagram below is what I'm using and it matches everything perfect and yes the ind. coil is an #18. This has happen to me before with a WE302 but, I found the problem quickly and revised it. But, this stinker is a toughy. Again I've tried to wire it exactly like the diagram and no go and have tried several different ways and no help. It works great just rings while off hook. I'm stump with this one, anyone got an idea I haven't tried yet, LOL!

Doug Rose

One of the toughest phones to work on. No space at all. Zip.

My only suggestion is to check all connections and make sure a wire is not touching another, which I am sure you did.

You did a great job and I know this is frustrating. I refuse to work on them any longer as it is above my comfort

Does it ring on hook it you do not have the base screwed in? Something might be crimping a wire when you tighten the base plate.

Good luck Ron..Doug
Kidphone

RDPipes

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 24, 2023, 08:56:37 PM...check all connections and make sure a wire is not touching another...
...Does it ring on hook it you do not have the base screwed in...
Heck Doug, It rings off hook and on hook, LOL! And yes I triple checked the wiring already.
The problem may be at the #3 terminal seeing it gets no dial tone when the "R" wire is connected to #2 where the diagram shows it should be. I get all high readings from the induction coil when they suppose to be much lower but it could be because its connected in circuit and I'm not about to unsolder all the wires just to check for proper continuity of it. Well, I have another one I'm also working on without ringer so I'm on to it. At least it rings, LOL!

RDPipes

I figured it out, when I had disassemble the phone completely I had to take the hook switch apart. I hadn't remembered I did or I would have gone there long ago but, this morning I remember and sure enough when I put the hook switch back together I had bent a contact leaf ever so slightly but, just enough so it didn't make contact. So I had to take the switch apart, on one side only (Thank God) and rebend the leaf to make contact once more. All is working as suppose to even with the red line wire on #2 (L2) terminal now instead of #3 as I had it to get a dial tone. It even rings on hook ONLY now, LOL!