"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Remember when you were a kid???

Started by Bill Cahill, June 16, 2010, 08:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

old_stuff_hound

Quote from: jsowers on December 13, 2012, 09:43:52 PM
I really miss Winn-Dixie. My grandmother always shopped there. They really had great chocolate ice cream. My mom used to watch Betty Feezor on WBTV. We still make her yellow cake when we have strawberry shortcake.

Ah -- Better Feezor. There's one I'd completely forgotten! There was another guy later on who was on a noon-time show my Mom used to watch. Chef Tell?

jsowers

Quote from: MDK on December 13, 2012, 09:47:54 PM
Quote from: jsowers on December 13, 2012, 09:43:52 PM

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and Disney's Wonderful World of Color (on a black and white RCA Victor console) were what we always watched at my maternal grandmother's house on Sunday evenings, and Ed Sullivan was always on when we got back home.

Same here.... every Sunday at Grandma's house we watched Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and Disney's Wonderful World of Color. Are we related?  ;D

Only if your grandmother's house was in Woodleaf, NC. Phone BRoadway 8-2503.

I bet the kids were in the den watching the TV, the women were in the living room discussing what they did in the last week and the men were in the dining room talking sports or politics. Only on holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas would we all assemble in the basement for the big get-together. My aunt lives in the same house now and we still get together for the holidays thanks to her. I make the Cheerwine punch just like my grandmother used to make, and in the same large pitcher. We try not to change a thing!
Jonathan

Bill Cahill

Now, there's something I forgot. Mutual of Omaha;s wild kingdon......
Sorry for the mistake on the words. Didn't know it.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."